BerleyPro Visor Review....

Discuss fishing tackle, methods, and kayak fishing accessories here.
Hainesy
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Well despite after having it for a couple of weeks, today was the first chance I have had to try out my new BerleyPro sun visor that I recently got from Martyn . I did have one of the Assassin Composite ones on my earlier Elite 5, so I had a pretty good idea what to look for. Pleased to say it was what I expected. First up it does a good job at keeping the sun off the screen making the screen images much easier to see. The added bonus is that you don't have to have the brightness up as high, which means a longer battery life on the lower setting. In addition it also helps keep splashes and salt deposits off as well thus meaning it's easier to see the screen for longer before you have to try and clean it. All up, pretty impressed.... If you're interested in getting one, here's the link to Marty's website
http://www.berleypro.com/product-category/visors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

SitDown
Kayak Make: reload

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Looking at getting something like this
I see these do not have a clear piece over the screen of the fishfinder... the dried salt issue seems alot less than without a visor
Still happy with it ?

Kayak Adventures
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: To many models to name
VHF Call Sign: ZMS6165

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:29 am

Hi SitDown - If looking for a visor with protection all around the fish finder (including front screen) contact Coromandel Kayak Adventures.
Cheers
Janet
All the best from the team

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coromande ... 33?sk=wall

Stockists of the worlds best brands! Fishing Kayaks, Accessories, Watersport Clothing, Spearfishing Gear and Fishing Tackle

dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 500
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:43 am

I have a Berley Pro on the Lowrance I’m selling. Does all that Hainsey says it does. The Rob Fort cover I had on a previously owned Garmin unit protected the cables and plugs from most of the water water splashes and dunking. Trade off was a slightly more difficult to read display due to the plastic cover. Both have pros and cons.
If I have a free standing mount on the next one I would go for the Rob Fort cover due to the wire protection, but if flush mounted ( in the purpose built Stealth hatch cover) I’d get the Berley Pro. My two cents worth.

Glass is Class.. dedant

Return to “Tackle and Accessories”

• Information