Time to wake up members!

Our very own monthly competition, catch a fish, take a photo, and win a prize! - enter today!
mastercaster

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:48 am

Long weekend ahead, warmer and longer days, why are we waiting to hear from all you braggers out there.
At Hot Shotz Tackle, we have been arming some of you with new weapons and since our sponsorship started, ironically, those who have received those goodies, have been verrrrrry quiet!
I'm thinking they have secrets they don't want to share.....?

OK, in view of that, lets be hearing from you out there in Yakkaland, and tell us what you like to fish with and what you'd like to see in those sweet packages.

Already we have handed out many "Ready to Fish" TM rigs of a flasher kind, soft plastics of a Mister Twister kind, some clips, hooks and goodness knows what else.
We want to make things better and now turn to you, the contenders, for what you would like to receive.
You all know we have an enormous range of products, so here's your chance.
This is a real big chance to not only win stuff but to win the stuff you really would like to own.

As many of you may already be aware, a heap of retailers have swung away from stocking our brand due to pressure from importers and competing wholesalers with low price, low quality products.
We have taken this directive as a challenge so now offer an online facility under http://www.tacklesave.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so you can continue using the products you have learned to trust, New Zealand made products!
If you don't see your favorite Hot Shotz products on there, just ask for it!

Just like Kevin at K-Labs, we are ready to assist you all directly if the retailers choose not to support us.
It is important that your catch rate isn't compromised with cheap tackle.

Check out our site, talk to us about what tackle you need if it's not already on there and tell us what you want to win from us on this forum!

You have our support, without your support, we all face a use it or lose it scenario.

Great Tackle Deals online 24/7 at http://www.tacklesave.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:29 am

First off, thanks for your sponsorship.

I went through a stage where I tried to use low cost tackle, and have found myself constantly disappointed. It's great to see guys like you who seem passionate about making top quality gear. Website looks great too - I really hope it all works out for you. I for one will be checking it out in more depth when I do my next set of tackle purchases.
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

charlie
Kayak Make: Hobie
Kayak Model: 2010 Outback
VHF Call Sign: none

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 am

Just checked the site - will be making an order shortly - am thinking those exude crabs might be the go for carrots!
Profish 400 Lite
There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing around in kayaks.
with apologies to Kenneth Grahame

mastercaster

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks for the interest guys, you will like these too!

I have been editing some new stuff into the site that will be of great interest to you all.

You will have seen these jig ball-heads in shops for ridiculous money but you need not biff that money about.
These Lumo 2oz jigs are fitted with a 5/0 bent shank hook which can be easily removed and replaced with a hook of your preference.
At just $6.90 each or in bulk at $49.90 for 10, they are a hell of a deal!
Slip on a softy and away you go, straight to the bottom in double quick time, into the strike zone.

Stocks are limited but if we get that following we will get more!

Great Tackle Deals online 24/7 at http://www.tacklesave.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nzimp
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Good to see you taking the initiative. I used to use the exude range but then found them hard to get hold of. Now I know why. Will be ordering once I run out of current supply.

Can you still get the Curly tail grubs on their own? Used to find they laft a good trail of slime/scent
Simple is as simple does.
http://www.wkfc.org.nz

Stealth EVO 495
Viking 2+1
Prowler 4.7 (back in the fleet)

paddlesnap
Kayak Make: QK/Ron Augustin
Kayak Model: Torres/Seabear/ Albatross etc.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:49 pm

8) No secrets here, and one of the first things I learnt as a young angler living next to the Tuki Tuki river mouth in Sunny Hawkes Bay is that other anglers are a competitive lot and in fact the word gets round mighty quick when the Kahawai & Snapper are running with competition for parking space to spots to cast a hex spinner at the mouth.
This in the days way before Internet land so nothings changed .
Used to get a bit hectic for a young lad having to contend with masses of Burly Surfcasters battling for position but soon learnt balanced tackle in the right hands will out fish all the guys with the skull dragging big rigs :lol:
Did somewhat tarnish my opinion from an early age on decorum of people in competitive situations and this is still true I've found.
Surprising the amount of people that furtively lurk trying to garner information but don't actually contribute themselves.

As to my choice of softbaiting rigs that work I actually shop among brands to find best jigs and value effectiveness in soft bait .
This may change as new things come on the market and I have found difficulty at times sourcing certain gear due to competitors putting unfair duress on the retailers to stock and promote theirs over others.

The jigs you stock don't appeal to my technique and in fact I've found the good quality Dark hooks seem to work better than the galv or stainless types.
The TT jigs with a bullet shaped head are good to troll and thus can be trolled between spots and don't induce line twist.
There are new Berkley Stealth jig heads that are great to passively drag the bottom with as a lot of newbies and rod holder held gear does and they work well .
These coupled with the Mister Twister Softbaits with slime seem to work well but the slime component can get a bit nasty on your rubber Septone reel handles esp. Shimano reels so some care needed to wipe fingers when using.
The Berkley Gulp always Cheesed me off for False advertising (or deception ) by not having a set amount stated for their Tubs of Baits.
This seemed to be just what they felt efficacious to them and the product though good was too short lasting and sacrificial -also good for business.
In actual fact the use of bait is the last thing in my options as the active working of lures and such keep the fishing so interesting and it is so super effective there is no need to try other rigs.
Just had a look through your range and as an avid former Trout fisherman I enjoy the light tackle side of sport fishing and noted that your pre tied jigs and jig heads on #5.0 hooks and 80lb trace far to big and visible for my style of fishing.
#1.0 to #3.0 are big enough to nab 20lb Snapper and 20 Kg Kingfish in my experience and the lighter tackle far easier to use for extended periods in a Kayak.
Also trace Fluorocarbon rarely goes more than 20lb and this invisibilty aids hook up rates the same as Trout fishing. :y:
I have noticed up here that Mister Twisters are coming back available and wonder if it is because of customer requests and resistance to being force fed certain brands.

Hope this info is of help for your marketing .

Cheers PS

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:45 pm

I think you have some great tackle .
I personally would use your pretied strayline rigs . I couldnt see them on your website though .
I also like your 2 ounce lumo jigheads but would prefer a stronger looking hook .

mastercaster

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 pm

I appreciate all the comments, at least I can make some sense from the feedback.

Unfortunately, it is impossile to stock every conceivable build in rigs, products etc, but we are way more flexible than many out there as we pride ourselves on NZ made and made to order tackle products to meet the market demand.

From the bottom post back, the hooks come with the jigs and as said, they can be easily removed and replaced with your preference at minimal cost.
The jigs are on average half the price of others in the retail stores so, "grab a bargain".
Just add a split ring and hook and still be well under the others.
The strayline rigs can be supplied, just let us know what your specs are including mono or fluorocarbon, hook size and type etc and we can add them to the site.
Paddlesnap refers to our build on rigs, this is deliberately heavier than imported rigs as they are made here in NZ for NZ's conditions. It is what could be called industry standard build, and we never ever hear it is too visible etc, in fact by the time the fish gets that close, its too late.
For the record, we can supply the Hot Shotz Mackriliza and Terroriza range on much lighter build to suit your needs, no worries.
In the tacklesave site you will find them under Wee Ripper rigs and Lil Ripper Rigs.
These are proven and have been redesigned and rebuilt based on the successes on, in particular Kingies, in Western BOP so we have no hesitation recommending them based on your comments.
Mister Twisters have been available from HotShotz since 2005 and thru another wholesaler since 2007.
We import in bulk and what we don't pre-rig we repackage for resale.
Rebel Sports have been very good in previous years in stocking them but dropped under the radar in the past 2 years to basically nothing now.
We also stock scented Spike-it grubs and they are equally as durable at the Mister Twisters if not tougher.
We try to order the unscented sp's so they can also be used in freshwater but Exude products are still available and would be restocked to meet demand.
SP's we have include Exude and unscented Mr Twister Nymphs, Exude Crabs, Unscented Sassy Grubs, SpikeIt pre-rigged Curl Tails, Spike It Baby Craws.
Mister Twister Exude Curly Tails are still available, however, we will not stock the two color ones due to faults where the colors meet. (the tails separate!)

I hope this enlightens the membership on those points and as always, any other queries, just ask.

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:20 pm

mastercaster wrote:I appreciate all the comments, at least I can make some sense from the feedback.

Unfortunately, it is impossile to stock every conceivable build in rigs, products etc, but we are way more flexible than many out there as we pride ourselves on NZ made and made to order tackle products to meet the market demand.

From the bottom post back, the hooks come with the jigs and as said, they can be easily removed and replaced with your preference at minimal cost.
The jigs are on average half the price of others in the retail stores so, "grab a bargain".
Just add a split ring and hook and still be well under the others.
The strayline rigs can be supplied, just let us know what your specs are including mono or fluorocarbon, hook size and type etc and we can add them to the site.
Paddlesnap refers to our build on rigs, this is deliberately heavier than imported rigs as they are made here in NZ for NZ's conditions. It is what could be called industry standard build, and we never ever hear it is too visible etc, in fact by the time the fish gets that close, its too late.
For the record, we can supply the Hot Shotz Mackriliza and Terroriza range on much lighter build to suit your needs, no worries.
In the tacklesave site you will find them under Wee Ripper rigs and Lil Ripper Rigs.
These are proven and have been redesigned and rebuilt based on the successes on, in particular Kingies, in Western BOP so we have no hesitation recommending them based on your comments.
Mister Twisters have been available from HotShotz since 2005 and thru another wholesaler since 2007.
We import in bulk and what we don't pre-rig we repackage for resale.
Rebel Sports have been very good in previous years in stocking them but dropped under the radar in the past 2 years to basically nothing now.
We also stock scented Spike-it grubs and they are equally as durable at the Mister Twisters if not tougher.
We try to order the unscented sp's so they can also be used in freshwater but Exude products are still available and would be restocked to meet demand.
SP's we have include Exude and unscented Mr Twister Nymphs, Exude Crabs, Unscented Sassy Grubs, SpikeIt pre-rigged Curl Tails, Spike It Baby Craws.
Mister Twister Exude Curly Tails are still available, however, we will not stock the two color ones due to faults where the colors meet. (the tails separate!)

I hope this enlightens the membership on those points and as always, any other queries, just ask.
Thanks for your own feedback Marster Caster , it seems nothing is to much trouble for you and love the idea of being able to get rigs made to order . Ill be ordering some for sure before Xmas . Thanks and again :y:

mastercaster

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:03 am

Kingfish killer wrote:I think you have some great tackle .
I personally would use your pretied strayline rigs . I couldnt see them on your website though .
I also like your 2 ounce lumo jigheads but would prefer a stronger looking hook .
Check these out KK, http://www.tacklesave.co.nz/index.php?r ... ct_id=1169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And we can send a couple of 150lb split rings with each of those jigheads so you can remove the supplied hook and replace with one of your selection.

Also, the Spike-It grubs are scented (Garlic) and we can do them in FluoroFrost, Neon Salad, Lime Glow, Multi Glow and Napalm in whatever quantity you would like. Price as per qty.

These are also sold pre-rigged here....
http://www.tacklesave.co.nz/index.php?r ... y&path=238" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)

Tara Yakka
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:54 am

Bugger. I have been using that technique for some time now.
I thought that I had it to myself. Came across it by 'mistake' really but it works a treat!
Mission Catch 390
Viking ProFish440
Viking Reload

mastercaster

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:05 am

Tara Yakka wrote:Bugger. I have been using that technique for some time now.
I thought that I had it to myself. Came across it by 'mistake' really but it works a treat!
LOL, You must be referring to the Flexi Baiters, yes?

Tara Yakka
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Yeah, flexibaiters.
Im not surprised that it had been thought of before. I come up with a few ideas, then find out they are being used, or have been made. Im happy though, means that there are a few other clever people out there :lol:
By, the way, I like the look of that bait tube netting you use, very clever. :y:
Mission Catch 390
Viking ProFish440
Viking Reload

mastercaster

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Cheers for your positive comments, don't forget, we do free shipping nationwide too!
Fastpost or courier so basically there the day after payment done.
Thats clever too ;)

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Tara Yakka wrote:Bugger. I have been using that technique for some time now.
Explain?

Sent from my iPhone
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

mastercaster

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:18 am

As opposed to a sliding free running keeper hook, on the FlexBaiters they are semi fixed, simply and effectively.
This eliminates the flying out of control keeper hook flapping about when at close quarters when unhooking your catch.
It is a proven method in Aussie on Gummy Sharks which are very active when onboard.
Anglers frequentlky cop the keeper hook in the leg etc when the fish is bashing about.
This semi secured style takes nothing away from the effectiveness of the rig, just adds a little safety.
Have a look here.... package deal, 2 for just $7.90 delivered!

http://www.tacklesave.co.nz/index.php?r ... ct_id=1169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Online Fishing Competition - Sponsored by K-Labs and Top Catch Whangarei”

• Information