EPIRBs & PLBs

To discuss safety issues and their direct affects on kayaks and kayak fishing. Do it but do it safely!
williamthegrate
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: profish 440
VHF Call Sign: zmw9429

Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Ok guys I'm looking at get one what one the best and y Image
I'm keen on the ocean signal rescueME PLB1 is there anything o should know about ect
Last edited by williamthegrate on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gibro712
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra 4.3
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5027

Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 pm

I know with PLBs and EPIRBs some of them signal differently through networks depending on whether they are designed for international signalling or more closely with NZ which can effect response times if your in distress. To what extent however, I can't be sure of. Something to check.

I brought the ACR ResQLink + GPS Locator Beacon a few years back which is closely linked with NZ networks which I use for both my hunting trips and kayak fishing. Never had to use it, hopefully never will, so can't comment on anything other than the size of it which works for me, and the fact its designed to cater closely with NZ networks.

I've attached a couple of photos which may help you out. One to prove it floats, one to prove which model. Hope this helps.
Attachments
IMG_0440[1].JPG
IMG_0439[1].JPG
Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3
ZMU5027

williamthegrate
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: profish 440
VHF Call Sign: zmw9429

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:25 pm

gibro712 wrote:I know with PLBs and EPIRBs some of them signal differently through networks depending on whether they are designed for international signalling or more closely with NZ which can effect response times if your in distress. To what extent however, I can't be sure of. Something to check.

I brought the ACR ResQLink + GPS Locator Beacon a few years back which is closely linked with NZ networks which I use for both my hunting trips and kayak fishing. Never had to use it, hopefully never will, so can't comment on anything other than the size of it which works for me, and the fact its designed to cater closely with NZ networks.

I've attached a couple of photos which may help you out. One to prove it floats, one to prove which model. Hope this helps.
Thanks been look at that one too

• Information