Club day at Wai-Iti 17-11-13

The Taranaki Kayak Fishing Club forum for club and member discussions
crabman
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 440
VHF Call Sign: ???

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:13 pm

This Sunday 7am launch.Wai-Iti beach in front of the Cafe. 1pm weigh in. $5 entry, heaviest Snapper takes it all away. See you all there. :y:

Wayne SA

Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Is anyone welcome? I'm new to kayak fishing, haven't caught a fish off my kayak as yet.

crabman

Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Wayne SA wrote:Is anyone welcome? I'm new to kayak fishing, haven't caught a fish off my kayak as yet.
Mate all are welcome and you couldn't do better than to tag along on a club day like this. You will need to be set up with an anchor etc as this best suits the style of fishing we do around the naki. Dont be shy and make yourself known, we are all keen as fishos and dont mind shaing a few tips and helping out.
Just be prepaired for dealing with the surf as this is uually the most entertaining part of the day.

Wayne SA

Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks for the reply Crabman. I will be there. I only paddled out on my kayak once since I bought it and went for an unplanned swim so I should provide some entertainment. :clap:

crabman

Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:33 am

Wayne SA wrote:Thanks for the reply Crabman. I will be there. I only paddled out on my kayak once since I bought it and went for an unplanned swim so I should provide some entertainment. :clap:
Good stuff mate. Will be a great chance for you to check out everyones setups and get some tips from the boys. Make sure you take drinking water etc as most will be on the water from 7am till 12 at a guess.
Another bonus of fishing Wai-iti is that once you're through the surf you dont need to paddle far to fish and most of the guys are happy for a fishing buddy and all keep an eye out for each other. :y:

mikG
Kayak Make: cobra
Kayak Model: FnD

Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:38 am

Looked like a club day down at BBK today, went for a look and theres heaps of yakkers out. Any fishes caught today?
Im struggling to make it tomorrow to Wai iti, the Christmas rush has me working flat out.

Wayne SA

Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:25 am

Sorry I couldn't make it. I got called out to work. ;( It didn't make it any easier being able to see the ocean from work. Next time, I hope.

Return to “Taranaki Kayak Fishing Club”

• Information