Bream Bay newbie

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
Fishfood
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: 2+1
VHF Call Sign: None

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 pm

HI, I live near Waipu and have just started ( since November) fishing from a Viking 2+1. Would love to meet up with other kayak fishers as the boss gets worried when I go out on my own. Still working full time but try to get out whenever weather permits

Slugyak
Kayak Make: Slug
Kayak Model: Slow lol

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Welcome mate ;)

Will let you know if I venture up from Auckland, likewise let us know if you make the trip down. I only joined a little while ago and these guys are bloody awesome so listen to all the advice you hear and share (give back) when you can

Slugyak out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AndrewRawlingson

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 am

Hello from across the water (Parua Bay). Hainesy is the guy to talk to about fishing in that area. I fish around Ruakaka in the summer months and usually do well with pannies.

owaldock
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:42 pm

I think Hainsey has abounded this spot for a batch and a boat on the other coast..? I am up here over the xmas break and try to get on the water every second day, typically launching from Waipu Cove. If your about hit me up for a fish. Orson

Hainesy
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 pm

I’m still around and know the area pretty well ... though Orson is right in that I’ve got a place on the Kaipara now.

Out off Waipu it fishes pretty well all along the Bay right up to the estuary.

Don’t have to go out too far... there’s a “Reef” abt 800m out (sand bank) and you will pick Fish up right along it
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

owaldock
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:46 pm

There are a few nice areas of foul just south of Langs Bach too including Mckenzie and Anderson Cove. Some fish to be found around weed lines including JD, particularly over summer when there are a million boats about and the sun sits high in the sky. Launch at the southern end of the Langs off Hector Lang Drive. This end of Langs is more sheltered from easterly swells. Langs is a good alternative to Waipu as in more than a meter of swell the paddle in and out can get a bit exciting :rofl: Like Hainesy said the "Reef" can be pretty productive in what is a bit of wasteland of sand. I always keep an eye on the back of the breakers as there are often bait fish pushed in pretty hard to the beach by schools of kahawai and sometimes kings, particularly at the southern end of Waipu. Outside of the "reef" i just follow my nose, small pockets of snapper are often found under slowly moving schools of kahawai, which tend to not be too far away most of the summer when the northeasterly loads up the bottom of Beam Bay with bait fish.

• Information