Newbie in Whangaparaoa

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
Bigmac
Kayak Make: OK
Kayak Model: Prowler Elite 4.5

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:18 am

G'day guys, been a keen fisho for a while but still cant convince the Mrs to get a boat, so a kayak seemed the next best thing.
Have purchased a OK Prowler 4.5 Elite fairly well set up, I have a Garmin unit to fit so keen on seeing some other setups.
Are there an kayak fishing groups based up around the Stanmore Bay/ Manly areas? Be be keen to catch up with anyone, especially those keen to give advice on set ups and fishing tips (which based on the forum, seems to be all of you :y: )
Hopefully will see some of you out there!

Cheers

owaldock
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:08 am

Welcome abroad.

Should find plenty of fisho's on the shore. I joined the north shore club just over a year ago, good crowd, monthly club trips which are well attended and plenty of sharing of knowledge. Its $30 or 40 bucks a year but well worth it for the free pizza every month alone. Plenty of impromptu trips are organised off the back of the face book page to.

Regardless of what clubs or websites you engage with you'll find plenty of opportunities to share knowledge of get out and fish with others.

woodstock
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: profish 400

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi Bigmac I live on the coast and fish weekdays if you can welcome to join me

Cheers Woodstock

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

TouringNevada
Kayak Make: Sportsmaster
Kayak Model: 3.7
VHF Call Sign: N/A

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Bigmac wrote:G'day guys, been a keen fisho for a while but still cant convince the Mrs to get a boat, so a kayak seemed the next best thing.
Have purchased a OK Prowler 4.5 Elite fairly well set up, I have a Garmin unit to fit so keen on seeing some other setups.
Are there an kayak fishing groups based up around the Stanmore Bay/ Manly areas? Be be keen to catch up with anyone, especially those keen to give advice on set ups and fishing tips (which based on the forum, seems to be all of you :y: )
Hopefully will see some of you out there!

Cheers
Hi Bigmac,

Welcome,

I usually go to army every other week, good fishing spots there.

You are welcome to tag along just pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigmac
Kayak Make: OK
Kayak Model: Prowler Elite 4.5

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:35 pm

Cheers guys, will spend the next couple of weeks setting things up and getting used to the yak, then get in touch and come out for a fish :clap:

Rylee
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet
VHF Call Sign: N/A

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi,

Tagging along this thread, newbie as well from Stanmore bay, anyone going tomorrow PM? somewhat a good forecast - around 6pm launch?

Cheers!

• Information