Hello from the Far North

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
PeterNZ
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9865

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi everybody, just a quick "Hello". I am a total noob if it comes to kayaking. Just bought a Profish 400 and it looked so cool on top of my car. :D That's how far I got. Bought a couple of warm clothes and do a lot of reading on here. Already found an interesting post by Mr. Tapp about how to mount the fishfinder.

I am waiting for the right conditions for a newbie like me. I think my first launch will probably be inside Mangonui harbor or Taipa.

Also need some spare time. Haven't found it for sale in any of the kayak fishing shops yet. Any ideas? ;)

I am sure I might have one or the other question later. Meanwhile I keep reading.

Cheers

Peter

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Welcome to the monkey house :lol:

Mangonui is a good spot for your first forays, plenty to explore and always easy launching.
Taipa is good if there's any surf as the estuary puts you out behind the breakers.

I may be up that way in the near future with yak on top ;)

Play safe.

HLD
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

awondering
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Welcome along Pete, look forward to some trip reports mate :y:

GHOST RIDER
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: 525

Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Welcome Pete I think we have meat down at Sportsman's choice :hai:
Tight lines out there :y:
Stealth 525
KARMA as i fish out of a kayak i don't eat shark

Kerry
Kayak Make: Old town
Kayak Model: Predator PDL

Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:25 pm

Hey Peter welcome to the site, I'm Kaitaia baised as well and fish most weekends, Whatuwhiwhi is a great place for a beginner - easy launch and not much swell when every where else is big. Give me a call or txt if you want to know anything I'll be happy to help if I can - 021 556782.

PS - If you want spare time you have to make it ;)

PeterNZ
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9865

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:55 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes Ghost Rider, I think we met a the Sportsman's Choice. I am still happy when I think of my visit there. Might have to pop in for some softbait advice.

Thanks Kerry for the generous offer. I am a baker and work Saturday's at the market in Kerikeri. My free* days are usually Sunday till Wednesday. What excites me is that I suddenly see all the places I could go. Whatuwhiwhi sounds great. Matai Bay comes to mind, Whangaroa Harbour was always something I wanted to do but felt too much trouble to tow the "big stinking noisy boat" there. Oh the possibilities.

Gosh I am so excited and I haven't even been out yet.

Cheers

Peter

*free meaning "chance of getting some on-the-water-time is higher than 30%." :lol:

• Information