New East Auckland Kayaker

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
Davao Del Sur
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: 400 lite

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Hi, new to the sport I got myself a used demo Viking 400 lite of Matamata Kayaks of trademe few weeks back.
I have not been into Fishing for over 20years and only thing close to that was working for Sandfords 10 years ago for couple years filiting fish and trimming and packing fish.
Been going out Mellons bay just a few times. I went out tonight from 5pm to 8.30pm used berley which I used a anchor and float for.
I use bait and a flasher rig but not a single bite tonight. I caught a few there in the past trips but only throw backs but had one Snapper a keeper 35cm couple weeks back and caught a Gurnard on my sprat flasher rig week before that.
Went out last Sunday of Howick for first time but it was really choppy water and felt like I was surfing and it was pouring down with rain so gave up after a hour.
Brought a new VHF Cobra MR HH350 to use if needed and a new NRS CVEST MESH which I find comfy. Also some used Splash gear and a used shorty wetsuit and a used Fleese jacket.
Been getting a lot of info of this site which is really great so thanks all. :y:

FatherOfMany
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:07 am

Welcome aboard Davao
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland

Casualtyward
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3 Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMU7778

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:13 pm

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kotare II
Ocean Prowler 4.3 Ultra

Callsign: ZMU7778

silentnght07
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Old Town PDL

Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:35 pm

DAVAO,

Welcome to this great sport. It sounds like you have not had much success lately and I know from experience when
I first started it was the same for me I almost gave up thought it was a waste of time. I then found the
East Auckland Kayak Fishing Club and thought I will attend there club meeting & bless them with my presence hahaha :lol:
It was the best thing I did when it comes to kayak fishing. this club is full of keen fishos who have years of experience
and can supply you with the knowledge you seek to become a great kayak fisherman. My advice is to contact them
here is the link to there web site http://www.eakfc.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Good Luck 8)

WEE WILLY
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Frenzy-4.1 Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMU 5277

Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:01 am

Welcome, for Mellons Bay, research some of Tightlines 101 old posts on here. :!:
<*))))><
<*))))><....<*))))><....
<*))))><....<*))))><....<*))))><....<*))))><....
<*))))><.... <*))))><....
<*))))><....

• Information