Newbie in the Waikato

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
enmei
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish Reload

Fri May 20, 2016 12:12 am

Hello everyone, me names William, I am living in the Te Awamutu area. And I am very much new to kayak fishing.

I have been looking at getting myself a kayak for a couple years now and I have finally made the jump. I got myself a second hand Viking Profish 440 of trademe a few weeks ago, I took it out for a little test run the same day I picked it up and had a quick fish after meeting up with my boss from work who was out fishing with his kayaks near Te Mata on the Thames, went home with a 32cm snapper and a decent size kahawhai which I got on my little softbait rod which was a nice little fight :)

So far I am very happy about my little yak and can't wait til I take it out again. There's a few things I should probably get first, a anchor and a VHF at first, will need to look into a fish finder at a later date. I have been browsing these forums for a little now looking at any helpful info/advice I could find :)

I look forward to getting to know some people around here, as at this stage I am not to keen on heading out on my own haha :D

William.
Profish Reload
Profish 440 evoIV

owaldock
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13

Fri May 20, 2016 7:41 am

Good work and welcolm aboard.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Flounder
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9779

Sun May 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi William

I am in Te Awamutu as well and belong to the waikato kayak fishing club. We meet every couple of months in hamilton for a beer and a pub meal. the club organises about 6 day/weekend trips through the year and this is a good way to meet some fellow yakkers and enables you to buddy up with others to gain experience.

Give me a call anytime 021 243 5085.

The club also has a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/waikatokayakfishingclub/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look forward to catching up.

Craig
Prowler Elite(sold)
Profish 400
Reload
ZMW9779

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Sun May 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Now there's a man who has his priorities right.
VHF then FFinder - I tip my hat to you, Sir. :y:

Snapper and a KY on the first trip too :clap:

Welcome along.

HLD
.................... "Flying Mango"....................
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

enmei
Kayak Model: Profish Reload

Sun May 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Flounder wrote:Hi William

I am in Te Awamutu as well and belong to the waikato kayak fishing club. We meet every couple of months in hamilton for a beer and a pub meal. the club organises about 6 day/weekend trips through the year and this is a good way to meet some fellow yakkers and enables you to buddy up with others to gain experience.

The club also has a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/waikatokayakfishingclub/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Craig
Thanks, I will have to check them out.

Now there's a man who has his priorities right.
VHF then FFinder - I tip my hat to you, Sir. :y:

Snapper and a KY on the first trip too :clap:

Welcome along.

HLD
Haha thanks, I would rather struggle to find the fish then been stuck in the water while Search & Rescue struggle to find me :) and since getting a VHF is much cheaper then getting a FF (I don't just want any old cheap one) it makes sense to get that first. And it gives me time to look around to find a good deal on a decent FF.
Profish Reload
Profish 440 evoIV

workingdad
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: profish GT

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Flounder wrote:Hi William

Give me a call anytime 021 243 5085.

Craig
Hi Craig,

Is it OK if I give you a call? Just bought a fishing kayak having used a family members when we were away on holiday a few times and really enjoyed it but living in Morrinsville I am interested in meeting and learning some tricks from those more experienced.

Cheers

Brody

• Information