Newby

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
DMARTIN5
Kayak Make: Perception
Kayak Model: Swing tandem

Wed May 18, 2016 11:48 am

Hey guys. Probably about time I did a formal introduction. Haven't been kayak fishing for too long. I did convert a Perception swing tandem to make it fishable with tips from this forum - but found it hard to find another keen fisho to head out more often.. So.. After nagging the mrs for a couple of days about the good deal at marine deals for the 4.1 Trident, I finally broke her and got what I'd call a, good enough yes ha ha.

Then I get a call back from marine deals that afternoon, to apologize that their system was actually out by 1 and I was the last person to get one... (expecting bad news) so they will be upgrading me to the Trident ultra 4.3 with the same package - rudder, seat, paddle etc for free! And congratulations on getting one of the best fishing kayak deals in NZ.. So yep definitely stoked and got to tell the mrs it was all a sign ha ha.

So managed to get out for a test spin on Sunday - mostly just for a paddle to see how it handled. I don't have an anchor trolley set up yet - so was just throwing softbaits out then dragging and bouncing along the bottom. Managed to get snapper blood on her in the first outing. Nothing huge (a 35 and 32)- but dinner for 2 so that keeps the mrs happy.! Wasn't really planning to fish much, but after some aggressive bites on the first cast I ended up fishing for the next 1hr and a half ha ha

Dan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

eynon
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.7
VHF Call Sign: ZMU8769

Wed May 18, 2016 11:50 am

nice mate :clap:
ZMU8769 - OK Prowler 4.7

Hainesy
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Wed May 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Great stuff and a good intro into what will now become an obsession !!
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

DMARTIN5
Kayak Make: Perception
Kayak Model: Swing tandem

Wed May 18, 2016 3:26 pm

Yea the obsession part is already there ha ha. A quick question though if anyone knows - the molded brass fittings on the US version will be imperial, if im wanting to mount a Scotty rod holder mount and a railblaza mount what's the best length? 3/4 inch? Or 1 inch?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Information