Moving to Nelson from Australia

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
Technoviking
Kayak Make: Jackson
Kayak Model: Big Tuna

Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:57 am

Hi All,

Just a quick introduction, Hi my name is James and I am a aquaholic (they say the first step is admitting that you have a problem).... I am moving with my family to the Nelson area in late February from Australia. I would really like to make some fishing buddies around the area who wouldnt mind me tagging along on a fishing trip or two, I am bringing a Jackson Big Tuna kayak with me (2 seater) which I would be more than happy to take another person out with me.

I enjoy every type of fishing, from freshwater fly fishing, to deepsea fishing and i am hoping to do all of it from my kayak.

I have been asked a few times "why a big tuna?", well.. I have 3 children, and 2 of them like fishing. With this kayak i can fit all my fishing gear, me (6'3 120kgs), my 11 year old daughter and a 6 foot teenage son and the yak still floats, paddles and tracks straight!!, and when I want to go solo, i just take out one seat, and move my seat to the single person position. All i can say is its one hell of a versatile yak. She does weigh a fair bit, 45kgs from memory but she paddles and tracks beautifully, and extremely stable!

Thanks all, I cant wait to move!!!
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1449693956207.jpg

awondering
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:15 am

Welcome along , You picked a pretty sweet part of the country to move to mate :y:
Look forward to your trip reports soon :y:

MikeAqua
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMT-7387

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Welcome. Lots of freshwater and coastal fishing options here in Nelson. Deep sea is bit more challenging ...
"No good story begins with a salad"
ZMT-7387
Viking Profish 400Stolen!! Yellow/Black
'Zespri' Viking Espri
Viking 2+1 Stolen!! Orange/yellow with scratch along one side

Technoviking
Kayak Make: Jackson
Kayak Model: Big Tuna

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:43 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome! I fell in love with nelson on my last trip to NZ, i really didnt want to go back to Australia. I cant wait to take the kayak out for a fish in nelson, I have been reading as much as i can about fishing in the area aswell as the different names of fish caught locally, but nothing beats local fishing knowledge! Hope to bump in to one of you on the water.

[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

petecanaan
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Welcome to forum/nelson. couldnt have picked a nicer spot to move to! seems to be a growing number of yak fishers hereabouts... sure someone will join you :)

mullett
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: tetra 12

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Welcome to Nelson, I have been here for almost two years now and loving it, good fishing and good people.
Kingie 89 cm at Kina, Snapper 84 cm at Cable, Blue Cod 45cm at cable,
Gurnard 50cm at Keiteriteri , Khawai 64cm at Kina.

Tetra 12 ( 01/2015- 11/2016)
Trident 4,3 new (11/2016 -

• Information