New to kayak fishing but keen as!

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
fr00ty
Kayak Make: Vikings
Kayak Model: profish400

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi all

I'm completely new to kayak fishing but cant wait to get into it. I just recently got me a profish400 from vikings, absolutely love it, still got a lot to learn but looking forward to the experience. Any tips guys on set ups and different types of fishing from the yak would be great thanks.
I've really only fished on boats and just drifting big dead and lives bait down a big burley trail so am completely new to the jigs but am looking forward to giving it a crack
i live in a little town called Te Aroha in the Waikato, usually fish the firth of thames and up Coro, little bit from Waihi beach as there is our Bach. So if anybody around the Waikato or anyone around is keen to go for a fish anytime just give me a buzz and I'll be keen as, i actually don't have any mates that are into kayak fishing, they all have boats so I'm real keen to get to know some new people and enjoy a few :beer: :beer: :beer: as well.

Cheers Ricco :y: :y:

Fishless
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: Fishless

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Welcome to the sport few in Waikato kayak fish and I think JUMBOZ is from Te Aroha also, tips? I ain't got any, I've yet to catch anything but a cold in NZ ;)

Can always head south in the page and stick a post under the Waikato section, lots of people head out from Coro and up he Thames so in sure you'll have lots of info soon.
Personal Bests

Snapper - 64 cm
Kingfish - 110cm 17kg
Kahawai - 57 cm

harmar
Kayak Model: Profish 440,2 plus 1, espri

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi frOOty
I also live in a small town, right next to yours, Matamata, and pass thru once in a while on our way up the coast, might give you a call if we head up that way or to Kaiaua, you could throw your kayak on our trailer and catch a ride with us, lots of room for gear etc, some times also scare the trout in Karapiro if your into fresh water as well :y:

fr00ty

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Hey Hamar,
Yeah keen as sounds awesome, yeah I'm always up for trying something new mate, cheers

WaikatoYakka
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8783

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Hey Ricco,

Welcome to the Forum.

This might be well worth looking into...... http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/forum/vie ... 37&t=20326" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Always a great event
Cobra Fish N Dive
Cobra Marauder
Ocean Kayak 4.3
Viking 400
TETRA12
Ocean Kayak4.3

RELOAD
........Such a whore

ZMT8783
Still turtle free since September '09 March 2011 :doh:

Addict since Sept '09

fr00ty

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Hey waikatoyakka,

Yeah mate I've put in for that looking forward to meeting some new fishos and learning new stuff
Cheers

• Information