Newbie… still…. but with a boat now!

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
Scooter
Kayak Make: Moken
Kayak Model: Angler 12.5
VHF Call Sign: ZMU7344

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Budget constraints - a forthcoming kitchen reno - have meant this has taken a while, but finally have a yak. A 2nd hand Moken Angler 12.5 - not quite what I was looking for but a decent buy I think given it's pretty much completely kitted out and can't afford a significant outlay right now. Anyway, er…. time to get at it I guess. That said, I don't have a clue… not one. Have done a fair bit of stray lining over the years and have about half a dozen SB sessions under my belt. None of it from a yak. So, if there is anyone out there based in AK, who is heading out for a mid-weeker and doesn't a complete novice tagging along to learn the ropes, please get in touch. Live in West AK - but keen to look at Nth Shore / Nth AK / East Coast beaches. See you out there, hopefully.

fritter
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite
VHF Call Sign: ZMW4166

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi scooter and welcome to the KFNZ forum. You'll be fine with the moken around Aucks, just get out there and take it easy.

dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 500
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 am

Hey, Scooter. I'm in West Harbour. Member of the North Shore Kayakfishing Club. There are a few Westies in the club too. We meet up (usually) at the Torbay Sailing Club on the first Thursday of the Month. PM if you want, I'm needing roofracks before I can get out again ( unless wheeling down to the Marina ) but will be heading out after work as soon as I can, cheers.

Glass is Class.. dedant

KirkCaptain22
Kayak Make: BlueMako
Kayak Model: F26
VHF Call Sign: none

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 am

Hi All, im also a newbie, just got my kayak this past Saturday. Wanting someone to go out with this Saturday 20th September. Want a early morning session. Who is keen to meet up? Im from West Auckland and willing to travel to North Shore if need be or West locals we can meet at Point Chev??

Scooter
Kayak Make: Moken
Kayak Model: Angler 12.5
VHF Call Sign: ZMU7344

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:17 am

Nice of you guys to get in touch. Def keen to get at it with some other folks. I've been getting safety gear together over the past few weeks. I've has plenty of free time… but that just seemed to coincide with the rubbish weather. And now I've just got a month of work that'll mean I won't get a single opportunity to get on the water until mid Oct. :headbang:

I'll get in touch when I am back in the area.

Good luck out there.

Worsley
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm a Westie and would be keen to go out with you guys but this weekend looks a little too windy. I'll catch you next time though

• Information