Longtime lurker, Auckland based

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
matasb
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish Reload

Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:49 am

Hi all,
Long time lurker of this forum and looking forward to meeting like-minded people when it comes to kayaks. Have been out a bunch around Auckland but always learning new things.

Safe to say that most of my mates aren't as obsessed with fishing so I'm always keen to meet others out for a fish.
In saying that, thinking I'll head out this weekend, somewhere between Mahurangi and Leigh if anybody is up that way and wants to join. Flick me a message if keen!

Cheers

DeltaDivingNZ
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Elite4
VHF Call Sign: NIL

Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:04 pm

How did you get on? Where do you normally fish? I like to get out as often as possible, more yaks the merrier

matasb

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:09 am

Conditions were perfect but the fishing wasn't the best (thinking the full moon had something to do with that..). I must have stumbled across a blue cod nursery because I caught plenty of juvenile cod but I still managed to come home with a couple of pannies.

Where I usually fish is dictated by conditions but frequent spots for me include Leigh, Whangaparoa, and Campbells bay - I'm still yet to give NN a go but heard that it can produce a good feed.

I'm always up for a mission so let me know if you ever want any company!

DeltaDivingNZ

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 pm

Nice, I usually fish Army Bay but have recently given NN a few nudges. Every time I've come back with a good feed so that's promising.

Depending which weather app you use, tomorrow morning is potentially looking nice. I'll be launching from NN at about 0600 to give it a crack.

matasb

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Army bay has been nice to me a few times this year :)

I'd love to join but I'm limited to weekends at this point. Work is keeping me pretty busy on weekdays but that should hopefully ease up in a month!

Let me know how you go, was thinking of making NN my next spot to check out

yys
Kayak Make: Mission
Kayak Model: Catch 390

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:37 am

Also a newbie keen to join in on the fun, but limited to weekends as well. This saturday's looking good!

Badfisherman
Kayak Model: Profish 400

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:21 am

I’m probably going to fish NN Sunday morning unless winded off. Will probably launch around 6.30am for a few hours

DeltaDivingNZ

Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:05 pm

Weekend is looking good for sure, I'll post a small write up in trip reports from today

• Information