Hi from Cambridge area with a with Kayak Dilemma.

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
NZFalconer

Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi all, new to the forum here. I've been kayak fishing for about a year after 55 years of occasional fishing from boats, and loving the kayak with its closer feel to nature. I bought a second hand Viking GT and like everything except it is slow/hard to paddle into a wind or if there is chop/swell. I launched off Papamoa on the weekend into a reasonable sea. Usual slow trip with loss of speed as swell passes under. I am looking to trade up to a reload. has anyone here tried a GT and a Reload? I've read lots of reload reviews and they all talk about speed, i.e. easier to paddle longer trips. Can anyone give me an idea of how much difference I would find between the two? Looking forward to more Papamoa trips though.

Cheers, Laurence.

Rabbit
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 555

Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:34 am

Hi, if you want speed and ease of paddling have you considered a Stealth, as that is exactly what you will get with those kayaks.

dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth-less
Kayak Model: Pending
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Ditto, absolutely the best paddling fishing weapon on the water. I’m looking forward to get my next Stealth, you won’t regret trying one if you can.

Glass is Class.. dedant

NZFalconer

Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:31 pm

Thanks guys. The Stealths look very nice but are a bit beyond my budget at around $3000. I managed to stretch funds and bought a new reload a few days ago. Looking forward to trying it out. I do like the way Viking set up their Profish range.

• Information