NN 16.11

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:09 pm

I met Mitch at the ramp for 6am with Barry missing in action, apparently it was too windy and he still hadn't finished knitting his shawl to protect him from the chilly November mornings.
Undeterred myself and Mitch headed out to the yellow ball with the wind at around 7 knots to fish the incoming tide.
We both hooked up straight away on the slider and it looked like it was going to be an easy day.
Unfortunately it then went very quiet. I saw a workup closer to the cliffs and decided to paddle towards it. I'm not sure if boaties read different fishing literature to me as just as I
reached it a boat hammered passed me, pulled the equivalent of a hand break turn in the middle of it, dropping the anchor. Needless to say the workup was no more.
Luckily for me I managed a few more fish and with the wind increasing we called it quits.
Obviously the Mayor out fished Mitch again but with Barry tucked up in his duevt I decreed us both winners for our efforts and braving the conditions. I believe you maybe able to see the large swell and thuderous breakers in the picture.
I made some smoked fish pate which was pretty good, step aside Jamie Oliver The Mayor is in town.
Great morning on the water and off to a 60th this afternoon, rock n roll. :beer:
20191116_100413.jpg
20191116_100424.jpg
20191117_120947.jpg

SitDown

Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:42 pm

Into them again eh mate, nice report as usual

I did taka cliffs on a windy Friday after work for the incoming, nothing worth keeping, had a few really good line pullers that all fell off.
There were 2 charter boats between the yellow buoy & no7 & 2 others around the place, good to be out there

DocProfit
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:39 am

Must be costing you a small fortune to buy all those fish and take pictures of them.

I had to work :/

SilverBak0911
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Elite Prowler 4.5

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Nice report there mate , I must’ve just missed you guys then, i paddled in just as you two were packing up, i was in the yellow Prowler, didn’t manage anything but good to know where to head next time I’m out.

Finally good to see the mayor himself in person :y: :y: will be out again soon
Former:Extreme Kayak 3.9

Current:Elite Prowler 4.5 Ocean Kayak

“You never achieve anything out of anger”

“Keep calm and fish on” :y:

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:35 am

Doc it's you and Mitch on pop star wages, if I had to pay for my fish you'd be seeing a can of Sardines!!!
Nice to meet you Silverbak, hopefully we'll see you out there soon. Get an orange slider you can't fail, even Mitch gets the occasional fish.
Hopefully Barry is getting out there on the weekend.

SilverBak0911
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Elite Prowler 4.5

Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:13 pm

:y: :y: cheers will do,

are you also cleaning/gutting while out on the water? Just seeing how clean and easy you make it look, interested to know what method/technique you’re doing, or is it hand work just by ripping out the throat area and cleaning out the guts?
Former:Extreme Kayak 3.9

Current:Elite Prowler 4.5 Ocean Kayak

“You never achieve anything out of anger”

“Keep calm and fish on” :y:

• Information