NN 7.10

Go on then, tell us your stories...
SitDown
Kayak Make: paddle power

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:31 pm

After avoiding fish for quite some time, also learning softies and sliders.... i`m a bait fisho from a long way back
They all say, if you want to learn to do softbaiting & any type of lure fishing.... leave the bait at home & go out a do it
Far out man, a very unusual feeling doing that. Anyway that was months ago
Had many a trip out of NN for very little return, many skunkings mixed in with 1 - 3 keeper snaps, you either get on the fish or you dont, very familiar with the latter, but I do like being out there
Fu*k it, go back to baits
Went out this morning 630, went by the green marker, anchored, berley out, baits down, fish on almost straight away, keeper 35, then feeding snaps for the next 90mins.... not happy. Upped the pick, drifted baits around for more "not happys" with throw backs
Paddled out to the yellow buoy, drift chute out, 60g orange slider down, bang, almost straight away, after a few runs, head shaking, towed me around a bit, then tangled up in the mainline of the drift chute.... up comes a nice 60cm snap... HA!! stoked pb. Next drop to the bottom, a few winds up, rod bends downwards... another few big runs up comes a 55 snap around no7
Got a feed, heading back towards NN, stopped on some sign twice, slider down, kept a 35 & a 39 snap
Its the first time I have seen hay stacks on the FF, sea temp was 17.4
Back on the beach 1030.... good day out yay !!

DocProfit
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Well done!

Half the fun is trying all different baits, lures, rods, reels, lines, etc and seeing what works best for you.

SitDown
Kayak Make: paddle power

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 pm

yeah, its the softbaits I haven't truly sussed out yet, altho I got proper dedicated gear for it... who would of thought a 2.5m rod for softbaiting would be ok on a kayak & yet I was assured this was the way to go, only time will tell

probably easier to watch someone at it doing softbaiting, then taking it from there, me thinks

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:42 am

Stick with the sliders. You can't go wrong. Even Mitch can catch fish. You are welcome to join us one morning. We're out most weekends. :y:

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:48 pm

Congrats on your PB and catching fish with lures . Softbaiting is easy once you get it sussed and so very very effective .

• Information