Narrow Neck Post Storm - Sweet as Bro!

Go on then, tell us your stories...
DocProfit
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Well surprise surprise, no one wanted to go fishing after the crap weather.

Mitch gave some excess about having to fix all the power outages in West Auckland - but I think he just wanted to sit in the dark and meditate with the Mayor.

So I paddled out at 5:30am by myself in perfect conditions. (apart from some rubbish floating in the water)

The morning was really slow and I thought I had made a mistake coming out, but after the tide turned it was carnage!

Z-man bruised banana was slaying them from start to finish.

I ended up throwing back more than I kept, then went trolling for KY on the way in.

They were everywhere as well - in good size.

Ended up with my PB snapper @ 60cm.

And I think by PB KY as well.

Post storm fishing is the best :y:
Attachments
nice.jpg

Hainesy
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Sweet as !.... great result.
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

TBreezy

Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Nice haul!

I also went out from Narrow Neck and got a piece of that action. Been out from there a few times with pretty good success, it's amazing how productive that channel is considering the pressure it gets.

Launched around 630 and ended up paddling further over to Rangitoto to throw a bruised banana around in the shallows. There was a good amount of fish hanging around there, kept two. A little further back toward the channel and on the drop got hit by a nice snaps on a z-man motor oil. Came in at 57cm and pulled some string. So cool. Figured I had enough fish for myself and the middy for a few days so headed in at about 9. The kahawai WERE everywhere and I caught a couple on the way in also, but threw them back for another day. I love catching those fish.

I agree DocProfit, post-storm rulz. Nice job on the PB's too, man. Might see ya out there one time.
Attachments
IMG_1467.JPG

DocProfit

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:05 pm

TBreezy wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:33 pm
Nice haul!

I also went out from Narrow Neck and got a piece of that action. Been out from there a few times with pretty good success, it's amazing how productive that channel is considering the pressure it gets.

Launched around 630 and ended up paddling further over to Rangitoto to throw a bruised banana around in the shallows. There was a good amount of fish hanging around there, kept two. A little further back toward the channel and on the drop got hit by a nice snaps on a z-man motor oil. Came in at 57cm and pulled some string. So cool. Figured I had enough fish for myself and the middy for a few days so headed in at about 9. The kahawai WERE everywhere and I caught a couple on the way in also, but threw them back for another day. I love catching those fish.

I agree DocProfit, post-storm rulz. Nice job on the PB's too, man. Might see ya out there one time.
That's a nice fatty you got there.

I did notice a green kayak out there this morning.

It's my 2nd home, so I'm sure we'll meet :lol:

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:09 am

Nice work mate. Spent the weekend with my wife and kids, hopefully earned enough brownie points to get out on Sat.
Great choice of beer, don't be shy bring some along on Sat :beer: 8)

• Information