NN 3-2-18

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Mitch65
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Espri Angler

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:11 pm

Headed to NN for 0530 and got there at 0440 after stopping for morning coffee. Dumped the yak on the beach and started to load up then realised no life jacket. Barry turned up and asked him to keep an eye on my yak and headed home to retrieve jacket. Lucky for me Mayor wasn't joining us until 0530 (once he got his sorry ass out of bed).
Arrived back at beach around 0525 and who was there, the mayor and doc profit. Both just loitering on the beach like a couple of old hens. Barry was already out trying to catch dead (live) bait.
Off we paddled to the yellow bouy for the first drift, great conditions no wind and once off beach no swell.
After a couple of hours doc, myself and mayor only landed one each. Like die hards we continued on until weather got too bad.
Arriving at the beach was fun, good swells coming in and debris on the ramp. Barry was already there and had been skunked.
After assisting Mayor and Doc in we discussed the catch. Doc ended up with 3, the Mayor with 2 and myself with 3.
Feeling sorry for Barry, I gave him my smallest fish (thought was there).
Another good trip, hoping to get out on Tuesday if the weather gods are kind.
image.jpeg
Viking Espri Angler

Plenty of time to sleep when you die

AndrewRawlingson

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:36 pm

Sounds like tough fishing for you boys. Well done on going back for the life jacket :y:

DocProfit
Kayak Model: Reload

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:25 am

Tough day for everyone, the current was brutal - we drifted at nearly 3km with chutes out.

I spent more time paddling than fishing, but I got my mandatory Hammerhead before going in.

Tuesday's weather looks good, time for some redemption!
Attachments
hh.png
Last edited by DocProfit on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:49 am

Great time on the water. There's you always harping on about our ppe at work and you can't even remember yours, namely your life jacket :lol: Also for the record I got 3. Think it maybe you that needs the counting lessons or is your aging tiny brain giving up on you :rofl: So the Mayor takes the points again and I'll see you chumps on Tuesday for another lesson.
Good to see you get your Hammerhead Doc, and after watching you trying to unhook it, I'm even more pleased that your not a dentist!!!
20180203_105650.jpg

Mitch65
Kayak Model: Espri Angler

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Mayor, yes I did forget my jacket but instead of being a numpty, I went back and got it. As I remember on the ramp it was decided it was a draw.
Maximum points to all.
Viking Espri Angler

Plenty of time to sleep when you die

• Information