Pukerua Pannies 27-1-18

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Bear Jules
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13
VHF Call Sign: -

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Apologies for the double up :$
Last edited by Bear Jules on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bear Jules

Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Bear Jules wrote:Had one of my best fishing sessions in a long while yesterday. Mike and I were on the water at around 6:15am. Was thinking of usual spot over sand but because of moderate S.E. winds we decided to pull up a bit shorter. Once anchored up and pumping berley we didn't have to wait long at all before the action started. First fish Snapper yeeha! Then just constant bites and fish. Both Mike and I were blessed with fish after fish. It barely hit the bottom before bites and hook ups for the almost the entire time we were out. One of those magic days.
By 8:30am Mike decided he had enough for family with 6 or 7 Snapper so he headed in. I stayed on as i had some friends in mind to give some to as well as for the fam.
I was very happy with 9 pan sized Snapper but with one last pilchard left -(a very manky old one at that!) I managed to pull in slightly bigger model to make 10. Paddled in at 9:30am feeling chuffed. Such a hot hot summer down here in Welly as well as most of the country. Water temp was reported to be 20deg, so very condusive to Snapper fishing.
How have others down here faired?ImageImage

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Elite4
VHF Call Sign: none

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Brilliant! :y:
VALKOHAI

Fishmaster Elite4 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish

hermodo
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: 4.1 ultra

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:53 pm

Good effort ,eh, but trying to comment without sounding bitchy, whats the limit down there?

Bear Jules

Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:36 pm

hermodo wrote:Good effort ,eh, but trying to comment without sounding bitchy, whats the limit down there?
Yes we are very fortunate down here the limit is still 10. I wondered if someone might comment on that! Unlike more northern waters we only really get Snapper here for half a year as the water is too cold for them in the winter / spring months.

• Information