NN 25-11-2017

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Mitch65
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Espri Angler

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:43 pm

After many discussions at work, it was decided to head out this morning with 8 of us meeting at the beach for 0500 to allow the Mayor to get to a yoga class.
Having loaded the yak on Friday night, I was up at 0400 and after making a coffee for the road, headed for NN. Arriving at 0430 with no one in sight, set about prepping the yak. Meet Stehan for the first time and waited for the Mayor to turn up( dragging his chain as per normal). When he finally arrived, he just wanted to head out, so we left the others to their own devices and headed out.
First drift was good to the Mayor landing one but unsuccessful for myself. With the out going the Mayor stayed on the drift and I paddled back down to see how the other lads were going.
First drop and whack fish on great. Carried on with the second drift with the fishing slow but finally ended the morning with 4. On returning to the beach around 10:30 found out the others had returned and met up with the Mayor after his yoga class and discovered he had ended up with 3. He informed me he had won the comp due to landing the first fish?????? Not sure on Barry's final tally but he was happy.
Left the Mayor on the beach with the kids and headed up to the cafe for a drink with Barry prior to heading home.
A great morning for all.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (271.01 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Viking Espri Angler

Plenty of time to sleep when you die

DocProfit
Kayak Model: Reload

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Mitch65 wrote:After many discussions at work, it was decided to head out this morning with 8 of us meeting at the beach for 0500 to allow the Mayor to get to a yoga class.
Having loaded the yak on Friday night, I was up at 0400 and after making a coffee for the road, headed for NN. Arriving at 0430 with no one in sight, set about prepping the yak. Meet Stehan for the first time and waited for the Mayor to turn up( dragging his chain as per normal). When he finally arrived, he just wanted to head out, so we left the others to their own devices and headed out.
First drift was good to the Mayor landing one but unsuccessful for myself. With the out going the Mayor stayed on the drift and I paddled back down to see how the other lads were going.
First drop and whack fish on great. Carried on with the second drift with the fishing slow but finally ended the morning with 4. On returning to the beach around 10:30 found out the others had returned and met up with the Mayor after his yoga class and discovered he had ended up with 3. He informed me he had won the comp due to landing the first fish?????? Not sure on Barry's final tally but he was happy.
Left the Mayor on the beach with the kids and headed up to the cafe for a drink with Barry prior to heading home.
A great morning for all.
nice work! im sitting on Motuora island eating my first gurnard ever. have to catch u nxt weekend.

Sent from my m3 note using Tapatalk

DocProfit
Kayak Model: Reload

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:37 pm

p.s. tell the major he needs to write out the rules in full and hand everybody a copy prior to launch

Sent from my m3 note using Tapatalk

Mitch65

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:36 pm

The Mayor won't do that, he might not win. Next Saturday ding a trip to Sullivan's bay if your interest.
The Mayor has yoga class again so he will be at NN.
Viking Espri Angler

46John
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: 4.3

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:35 pm

At least The Mayor did not try and steal your jig again...

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:34 am

Great report. Although I notice how you failed to mention you almost hulled yourself on a rock that I graciously glided over. Best you lay off the pies.
Another win for me with first legal fish and more points for the NN premiere league which currently stands as follows;

Mayor of NN 897 points
Baz 61 points (facing disqualification for using too many rods)
Mitch minus 236 points ( points deducted for last weeks fish theft)

Looks like I'll be retaing the trophy again this year which comes as no great surprise competing against such happless opponents.

With Xmas approaching you should ask Santa for some fishing lessons. :lol:

Mitch65

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:10 pm

I purposely scrapped the rocks to ensure your lines weren't connected to me. Coming from a banking back ground, I thought you might know how to count without your fingers and toes.

With the way you decide on the points I might have to change your title to NN Yoga instructor, always bending the rules.

And office manager agrees
Viking Espri Angler

• Information