Narrowneck 12-11-2017

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Mitch65
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Espri Angler

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:53 am

Received text from the mayor on Saturday about a fish on Sunday morning. Unsure about the wind but replied back I was in.
Meet at the ramp at around 0545 and once loaded headed out, water was nice and flat.
Did first drift with one jumping on the hook and headed back down for another, just got settled in when the mayor turns up right next door and drops a line. Not long after that I realize we have a tangle, pull in all lines and hello a birds nest. Told Mayor I will untangle so he wouldn't get his hands dirty and his reply was just get my slider.
I realized there was a fish on the line in the tangle so first get the fish on board. that done started on the birds nest, cut my traces and removed slider, all sorted.
Paddled over to Mayor and gave him back his slider but not the fish which was payment for untangling his line.
You could hear him moan about the fish back at the beach. (Talk about an old woman).
After a couple more hours arrived back at the beach around 0930 with 5 snaps each, a good morning out.

As per normal on arrival to beach, mayor informs me he won the comp with the largest fish,
Attachments
20171112_104756_resized.jpg
Viking Espri Angler

Plenty of time to sleep when you die

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:16 am

Very funny you old git. :rofl: I've seen many underhanded tricks in politics but thats not the way I remember the incident.
What actually happened was, I hooked up on the slider then you proceed to cast into my area snagging my fish, you then proceed to drag the whole tangled mess to your yak, cutting my line stealing my fish and chucking back my slider which the picture clearly shows.
The only thing that is correct in your report, is yet again, being Mayor, I win the comp with largest fish. Great, fun morning on the water. :D
20171112_104549.jpg

Mitch65

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:30 pm

I should have kept that slider as well.
Rule is if you have to take lines out of water to untangle someone else's tangles, you keep the fish.

Go Labor
Viking Espri Angler

dedant
Kayak Make: Jackson Kayaks
Kayak Model: Kraken
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:02 pm

When my arm is better and I can get on the water again I think I will need to tag along with you two and act as a mediator, :D ( you could teach me a thing or two also :y: )

Jackson KRAKEN dedant

Mitch65

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Anytime dedant, always a pleasure.
You will have to put up with moaning from the Mayor though and some laughs.
Viking Espri Angler

DocProfit
Kayak Model: Reload

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Nice work.

Sliders are awesome :y:

• Information