Waiake 30th Sept

Go on then, tell us your stories...
TBreezy

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:54 pm

Hey all.

Paddled out from Waiake at dawn on Saturday for a bit of a frustrating one. Went over plenty of sign in a variety of spots, in closer, out wider, other side of the bay, lined up for the drift but couldn't seem to get any bites! Tried mixing up the SP colours and shapes, dragging a 3/4 oz and also casting a 1/4 oz.

In the end I managed one undersized snapper on an electric chicken jerk, and a few casts later landed a decent snapper at 460mm. Hooked in the side of the face but, so probably coming in for a look but perhaps not biting and I just got lucky!

Not exactly sure where or if I went wrong or it was just one of those days. Either way it was nice to be out in some calmer water for a change and I still have plenty of learning to do.

Headed in when the wind got up. Saw a couple of other people out there on Kayaks, hello if it was you, hope you had better success than me!

Cool to see a few people had a good weekend on the water also. I'm looking forward to the next one. Cheers!
Attachments
IMG_0642.JPG

awondering
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Got a feed mate... there is huge amounts of sign at the moment that just isnt converting, some of the sign I drifted over last week yielded little for the most part, so dont be too disheartened by that mate

TBreezy

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Yeah totally, can't complain with fresh fish in the pan. Far from disheartened though mate, just curious and perhaps a tad too ambitious |(

Achilles
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMX2317

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Good on ya for getting out and putting up the trip report buddy, that is a lot more snapper than I've caught recently.
Achilles

ZMX 2317

Viking Reload

TBreezy

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:07 pm

:y: trying to get out as much as I can!

• Information