Cockburn sound Perth WA

Go on then, tell us your stories...
ajst2duk

Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Well it's near the end of the snapper season here and I have yet to catch one. It's hard work after becoming conditioned in NZ to be able to feed the family and a whole bunch of friends without fail. Thursday night a bunch of yakkers hit gold along the rock walls with bag limit catches of 80 cm snappers. I launched last night (Friday) at about 5pm and headed out on a mission. Nailed a squid early on the way out which was promising - however it was a lean night - boats jostling everywhere for space - water rage as some stink boat tosser verballed me then cast a bait at me - anyway the previous night yakkers saw a boatie cast a bait then stick the rod in a holder - then wham it was gone ! So I was fishing near a guy in a tiny tinny who had a massive take - reeled in an 80cm beauty then went to retrieve his other rod and WTF - there's a rod & reel snagged. Turns out it was a brand new saltiga set that was the one went overboard the night before.
Anyway I've got some adventures coming up - ill post a TR of my trip up to the Abrolhos islands in the first weekend of Oct - should be awesome.
AJ

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just fishing and stuff
Kayak PB's
Snapper 87cm
Kingy 115cm
Now yakking in amazing W.A.

AndrewRawlingson

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Good, honest report. Keep em coming. Where have all the fish gone? Assuming they were there in the first place.

ajst2duk

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:15 am

It's either on or it's off - that's fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just fishing and stuff
Kayak PB's
Snapper 87cm
Kingy 115cm
Now yakking in amazing W.A.

• Information