rotator return

Go on then, tell us your stories...
kea999
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: 4.5- 4.3 -465 - 480

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Had a massive shoulder cuff repair in December last year after a land yacht mishap have had a few shorter paddles but thought id try my usual circuit from wilsons bay Saturday . The coast road is looking like a wreck with numerous slips had to stop and help clear debris of the road south of waikawau boat ramp to get one side of the road open . Paddled up to deadmans numerous kahawai work ups with thousands of mutton birds flying from one to another always good to see
DSC01002.JPG
not much happening there so went up to the calf plenty more kahawai activity which I tried to avoid not totally successfully. Fished numerous spots on the way to coromandel harbour entrance kept 6 small snapper nothing of any size all under 40 cm
DSC01005.JPG
back to car 5pm . The object was to see if my shoulder was up to a decent paddle was about a 5 hour round trip so a reasonable test still very weak its suprising how much exercise its taking to get it back to any sort of strength can imagine its going to take the rest of the year or longer to achieve .But at least its good enough for a paddle , must be others who have had a open surgery cuff repair how long did it take to its max strength ? obviously its never going to be what it was pre injury

• Information