NN still producing 01/06/17

Go on then, tell us your stories...
DocProfit
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Screw work - went for a fish at NN this morning as there was little wind forecast.

6:30am launch on a foggy morning.

I anchored about 50m outside marker #6 to the sound of a very loud fog horn approaching my way. Suddenly a bright orange pilot boat came roaring out of the dark right up next to me kicking up a hell of a wake. A guy on the deck started waving his arms and yelling at me to get out of the way as a cargo ship was coming (no shit).

I tried to explain that I was outside the channel and those big ships don't create much of a wake, unlike the boat he was on...

He wasn't having it, and insisted I move further away. :headbang:

So it was a slow start, and I decided I might as well paddle towards the lighthouse and drift back.

End result was 6 nice snapper, all caught on sliders (orange and pink+yellow skirts).

Nice load of fillets marinating for tomorrow night's smoked fish pie. #getinmabelly.

P.S. I had lights, flag, reflective tape, and hi vis gear.

P.P.S. As per normal, multiple boats came past, at speed, within 30m-50m of me throughout the trip, bouncing me all over the place. One large launch forced me to wind in my lines and drogue as it was heading straight for me for several minutes before turning off sharply at about 75m. I don't think the average boaty realizes how much wake they create at full speed.
Attachments
fish.jpg

madyakka
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: profishreload/profish400
VHF Call Sign: zmw3022 madyakka

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:07 pm

yes they do but don't care :@ you should no the rules its 200knts within 5 meters :rofl:

Blazer60
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5911 - Blazer60

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Nice feed.
Blazer60
Viking Reload ZMW5911

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:08 am

Very nice and good report. Inspired me to get out yesterday arvo. Will do a tr later today. Good fishing despite the launches :D

• Information