Nn 17/10

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Badfisherman
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400

Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:40 pm

Quiet old morning of nn today. Bites hard to come by. Couple of small ones on softbaits that went back, tiny fish on a flea and a 45cm solid lump on a candy apple 40g slider. That saved the day and gave me a feed.

Lots of idiot Boaties around cutting through at stupid speeds. Also nearly got mowed down by a charter boat powering through the shallows. Huge wake tested stability of kayak!

On water 6.30 off by 10. Least it was a glorious day weather wise

matasb
Kayak Model: Profish Reload

Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:03 pm

Hope it's better tomorrow, going to give NN my first go. Might see you around if you're out there

Badfisherman

Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Good luck, watch out for idiots in boats. Stay visible especially if you head to the Chanel as there were loads firing around today.

Hopefully see you out there at some point.

TBreezy

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:20 pm

I paddled out for an evening sesh the same day hoping for an evening bite. Haven’t fished there for quite a while. Launched probably about 530 and dragged a bibbed lure north along the reefs in about 8m. Patchy sign but no takers. Hard slog against the wind and tide but whatever. I knew the drift was gonna be a quick one and sure enough it was! Managed a couple of mid 30s snaps. One went back, one came home. Of course, the wind died right off as the sun was setting, the tide eased up and I was back on the beach just on dark.

Both fish caught on a pink slider in about 11m. Pretty low octane stuff haha. The fish are there.

Badfisherman

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:52 pm

Nice! Caught the same depth as well so must be sitting a little deeper at the moment

SitDown

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:09 pm

Fished NN 16/10 4 - 7pm, was NE5 knot then no wind for an hr then SW wind kicked in to 15kt against tide
Paddled to green marker at the Taka end, in 8m, very patchy sign in 5-8m lots of missed hits, drift too fast, almost back at NN beach
Tried zman fusilier shad, few hits, dragged coconut ice paddle tail, few hits & 3 missed fish, best was atomic sunrise in 11m off NN not far from the green marker.
By that time the bite got better getting hook ups but dropping them... wind had kicked in to 15kt SW (as predicted) against tide & breaking on top, altho an ideal drift speed
1 throwback & 35cm keeper then got a bit lumpy as the bite came on, felt borderline unsafe... so buggared off.
By the time I was ready to drive off home, wind dropped away
Orange slider got better hits in 10m plus depths
Water temp 16.6

Badfisherman

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:50 pm

Nice sitdown and good call about calling it a day. 15Kts is pretty lumpy. I'd be heading for shore as well.

Was going to head to sullivans on Sunday but really enjoyed narrow neck the last couple of times so may have any other crack on the outgoing early morning

• Information