NZACA - Interested in being a member?

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:31 pm

I've been in contact with the NZACA - New Zealand Angling and Casting Society - and have been trying to get KFNZ signed up as an "Affiliiated Club" as they have recognised that we [Kayak Fishers] are now a larger and growing sector of our sport, they have already recognised us in the Nationals Event, won this year by a kayaker, and are also working towards opening a "caught form a kayak" national records section just for us...

Ok, after several emails between us, here is the guts... To become an affiliated member of the NZACA an individual must belong to an "Affiliated Club" and then must pay the $10 annual NZACA membership fee, the caveat though is that ALL members of the "Affiliated Club" MUST pay the $10 NZACA fee. Now I don't expect that everyone that uses this site has any intention of ever being a NZACA member but there will be some of us who would like to fish in the Nationals or to possibly have a go at getting in the national record books, partake in any of the NZACA events, etc... so the solution to this is to form an KFNZ club for those that want to be members of the NZACA, so we have a "club" within the KFNZ community, I have no intention of making the KFNZ Club a big official body etc and no fees wil be charged, so the only fee you will be paying is your $10 direct to the NZACA, but this will enable us as a whole to be represented at the NZACA as the "KFNZ Club" and enter the Nationals under the "KFNZ Club" banner.

So, question is who is interested? I need a show of hands, of who would be interested in joining the NZACA under the KFNZ Club?

Cheers, Mental
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

TwoSpoons
Kayak Make: CLC boats
Kayak Model: Sea Island Sport
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5652

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:45 pm

I think you mean 'caveat' - a 'cravat' is a kind of necktie. :lol:

So membership gets us what exactly? Just the ability to get in the record books, and some fishing comps, or is there more to it?
Electronics : its still magic, even when you know how its done.
ZMW5652

Mental
Site Admin

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks for that...

Should have posted a link to their website... http://www.nzaca.co.nz/

Here is a cut and paste:
What is it? Who are we? What is it for?

After being founded back in the early 1950's, the New Zealand Angling & Casting Association has developed into a national body, guiding Member Clubs and being very active in promoting the sport of recreational fishing.

We are the 'Parent Body' and 'National Association' supporting, encouraging and looking after the interests of those recreational fishers whose prime interest is shore and small boat fishing. Or in other words the majority of New Zealand Recreational Fishers. We are one of New Zealand's oldest national fishing organisations and since our formation we have seen come into being the NZBGFC and the NZRFC and many others.

We are part of the NZ Recreational Fishing Council, we are members of the International Game Fish Association, the International Casting Federation and associate members of the Australian Anglers Association. We are also appointed members of the Minister of Fisheries Consulting Committee on the Fisheries.

Amongst the activities we have for our members are our National Championships, held in different locations each year, with shore and boat fishing and casting competition.

We run an annual Postal Casting Competition where Casters can compete against others from throughout the country while remaining in their own localities. Our Association Light Tackle Fishing Records recognise meritorious catches by issuing of certificates and pins; and we have a comprehensive range of Annual Awards covering a wide range of fishing situations, fresh and saltwater. In addition to our Association Records we also administer the New Zealand Fishing Records for non-game fish species and unlike other record administrators we recognise shore and boat catches as separate categories. These records are open to any Fisher.
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

Danfili
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 440 Evo IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMT6439

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:15 pm

I'm keen Mental
Kayak Fishing You Hooked Yet

Viking Profish 440 Evo IV
VHF ZMT6439
https://www.facebook.com/LLKFT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

awondering
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Yep I am keen

DJ
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra 4.7

Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:15 pm

for $10 well worth the effort!!
Im in ..

Harry
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: prowler 4.5

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:38 am

Hi, I would be interested. Can't go wrong at $10 and has the added benefit of raising the profile of KFNZand kayak fishing. Cheers Harry.

kayak chris
Kayak Make: ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8810

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:21 am

Im In, (not that any of my fish have been record worthy, but ya never know) :D

Kayaks-
Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.7, Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3, Tahe Greenlander T, Mission Eco Bezhig, Perception Expedition, Bliss-Stick Flip Stick

Jigheads Paddling and Fishing team member,
Come visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

technical
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMT6484

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:36 am

Sounds good.
Seems that most people who have a Kayak fishing club in their area and are interested in the sort of things that membership gives you (competitions, trips, etc) would have already joined. I think that your local club membership would be a better place to include the extra membership fee.
BUT, not everyone has access to a local club so doing it via an online community like this seem reasonable. If you can compile with their membership conditions.
Warning: Contents may contain traces of nuts.

Mental
Site Admin

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:35 am

Ok, seems like we have enough to get rolling... I'll now try and sort out the NZACA/KFNZ affiliation and get back to you all.

The issue with the local clubs is that ALL members of the club MUST belong to the NZACA, a little crazy if you ask me but them's the rules, and you can't have a club within a club but we can have a club in the KFNZ community... but yes i agree where possible you should also belong to you local club if that interests you, personally I'm a member of the Hibiscus Kayak Fishing Club but my NZACA affiliation will be through the KFNZ Club...

Watch this space :)

Cheers, Mental
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

kayak chris
Kayak Make: ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8810

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:30 am

Hi Mental,
Arent there rules / guidlines about setting up a "club" also? i.e need a presendent, treasurer etc, and wont you need to tick all the boxes before you can get affilliation?
Just a thought that may or may not be worth looking into. ;)

Kayaks-
Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.7, Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3, Tahe Greenlander T, Mission Eco Bezhig, Perception Expedition, Bliss-Stick Flip Stick

Jigheads Paddling and Fishing team member,
Come visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mental
Site Admin

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:38 am

Yep already covered this off witht he NZACA, you don't need to be an incorporated club, you can just be a social club or even just a group of people (that's the one we will fall under) but yes we will "belong" to a club, and I'll even issue everyone with a "club card" so you can all have a number :)

Cheers, Mental
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

jans
Kayak Make: Mission
Kayak Model: catch390

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm in
Jan

nz_samurai
Kayak Model: Espri
VHF Call Sign: ZMT5850

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Mental - yep I'm keen as well

Mental
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:07 pm

Ok, have had feedback and forms from the NZACA so we are all go, I'll PM each of you in the next day or so, you need to send the $10 to the club then I have to forward it on one hit to the NZACA, any further members can of course join up anytime... and more by luck than judgment it turns out the NZACA annual subs run from June 1st so the next $10 won't be due till May next year :)

Be in touch soon

Cheers, Mental
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

Mental
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:07 pm

Ok a few domains registered, and a new website/page underdevelopment and welcome to the NZKFC!

No nothing to do with a certain chain of fast food...

New Zealand Kayak Fishing Club - www.nzkfc.org :D

Cheers, Mental
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

demigod
Kayak Model: Espri

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:46 pm

New Zew Zealand ?? ;) :D

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to Yak fish and you won't hear from him most weekends :-P

Mental
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:57 pm

:oops: Oops, thanks and fixed :)
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

Mental
Site Admin

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:58 am

Ok, you all have a PM now, please let me know if you don't get one.

If there is anyone else who would also like to be a member of the New Zealand Kayak Fishing Club please post here, or send me a PM, and I'll send you the details, there isn't a cost to be a member the only payment that needs to be made is the fee for your NZACA affliliation, $10 per year.

Cheers, Mental
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

TwoSpoons
Kayak Make: CLC boats
Kayak Model: Sea Island Sport
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5652

Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:13 am

Hey guys, I've been getting copies of the PMs you are sending in reply to Mental. When you hit the 'Reply' button the system automatically sends your message to everyone Mental's original message went to - unless you manually delete those extra addresses.
Electronics : its still magic, even when you know how its done.
ZMW5652

• Information