KFNZ Forums to Close

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
HookiT
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: PRO 400 LITE
VHF Call Sign: ZMQ4712

Thanks for putting up with me over the years, Mental /moderators. Was a good site to come to. No face book for me so my contact shall be lost. Take care , enjoy your lives. :beer: :y:
Last edited by HookiT on Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingiFiddler
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

HookiT wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:18 am Thanks for putting up with me over the years men. Was a good site to come to. No face book for me so my contact shall be lost. Take care , enjoy your lives. :beer: :y:
You could always purchase a memento to remember us by. Just $19.95 while stocks last. :-)
mugshot.jpg
mugshot.jpg (18.88 KiB) Viewed 641 times
AndrewRawlingson

kingiFiddler wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:07 pm You could always purchase a memento to remember us by. Just $19.95 while stocks last. :-)
Brilliant!

I guess that's the end of the Viking bailout for KFNZ :rofl:
kingiFiddler

AndrewRawlingson wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:30 pm
kingiFiddler wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:07 pm You could always purchase a memento to remember us by. Just $19.95 while stocks last. :-)
Brilliant!

I guess that's the end of the Viking bailout for KFNZ :rofl:
Hahaha, they and Stealth are in a bidding war for the forum. Mental's gonna be able to retire on the proceeds.
HookiT
Kayak Model: PRO 400 LITE
VHF Call Sign: ZMQ4712

kingiFiddler wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:07 pm
HookiT wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:18 am Thanks for putting up with me over the years men. Was a good site to come to. No face book for me so my contact shall be lost. Take care , enjoy your lives. :beer: :y:
You could always purchase a memento to remember us by. Just $19.95 while stocks last. :-)
mugshot.jpg
Those in need, I have never neglected in my life. Do you need a hug, KingiFiddler. :)
kingiFiddler

The whole world needs a hug about now. But in these times of social/physical distancing probably better to wrap your mitts around a warm cup of NFB and reminisce about the forum that once was, that accepted or at least put up with all sorts, including us misfits. So, was that one or two mugs?
Schecter
Kayak Model: Profish EVO IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMW8098

Thanks Jason.

It's sad to hear this site will come to an end. This forum has taught me so much over the years, and it has forged great memories and friendships along the way.

All the best to you. :y:
Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.
kingiFiddler

Yet again it's left up to me to ask the big questions.

So, where and when is the closing down piss-up happening?

Please don't tell us this place is gonna go quietly into the night.
We could all start a furious unwanted gear selling binge and put the $ on the bar. If we haven't drunk the tab empty, the rest goes to Mental and co.
Kermit
Kayak Model: PF400 - Kermit

It has been good, thanks all for assistance since joining.
No more posts from the mayor of NN thank God.
Stay safe and tight lines.
Viking PF400 - Kermit
Viking Espri Angler - worn out
PB snapper - 17.9lbs - 82cm CKFC
Plenty of time to sleep when you die
Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Yeah, thanks to everyone involved in running the site and for the excellent safety tips and knowledge that's been posted.
I've certainly learnt alot since joining which is probably why I constantly take out the trophy for the NN Premier League.
I refuse to use FB so will hopefully catch some of you on the water. All the best from The Mayor.
Mitch (Kermit) and Baz have taken employment at Kelly Tarltons, apparently it's the only way they'll get close to a snapper.
hermodo
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: 4.1 ultra
VHF Call Sign: -

A huge thanks to you Mental for this site , & the many people who have been involved at all the different levels. I'm an old codger, so have resisted the sheep -like mentality of being on Facebook but this announcement could change that . Baaaaa ! The support and inter reaction I have had from this forum has been amazing, and I wouldn't be lying if I said I visit this site several times a week. Used to be every day ! Anyway, thanks , and all the best, and I hope a big Kingfish smashes you, but you come out on top!
matwould
Kayak Model: Profish GT

Thanks to everyone for sharing info. This site is awesome. Have learned so much from it. Sad to see it go.

Cheers for creating it Mental. Tight lines.
DocProfit
Kayak Model: Reload

Damn, there is so much excellent information on this site, this is where I first learned about Narrow Neck.

Sad. ;(
Mac50L
Kayak Make: SeaLand
Kayak Model: Mac50L

There seems to be some interest in having a forum. If cost is the problem then there is an alternative -
https://tribe.so/

There are limits, 500 participants if the free version. Otherwise it could be an alternative.

The Menz ShedNZ has just set one up for Computers and Electronics discussion and we'll see how it goes.
sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Thanks for everything Mental. I too have given up kayak fishing (jetski then boat), but I have to say this community was better than any I've found since.
The memories and friends made through this site will keep me going for many years to come.

Sad to see it go, but cross fingers we'll catch up again.

Bryce
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420
TwoSpoons
Kayak Make: CLC boats
Kayak Model: Sea Island Sport
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5652

All good things come to an end I suppose.
Thanks for your efforts Mental.

Bye all - never ever will I join facebook.
Electronics : its still magic, even when you know how its done.
ZMW5652
gent00
Kayak Model: 13

I am happy to give $500 now and yearly. What about it - all you saying goodbye?
I sold my kayak 8 years ago. Still happy to support.
Let’s talk money and not sentiment.
.?subscription? Gives little ? Cost of a flat white or a cold 330mls bevy be you east or west north or south.
gent00
Kayak Model: 13

Sorry, should read Givealittle page. I like the idea of holding the domain name and also of trying to get content onto HD and purchase content on Zip drive. Or equivalent.
Happy for my dollars to go to those matters as well.
Jason could we p.m. each member with some suggestions if there are a critical mass of members to support.