Time to get the band back together

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
murf
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3 Ultra

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Been a long time since my last post, the opportunities in Southbridge are not that amazing for the saltwater! On top of a nasty back injury that put paid to walking for some time let alone throwing the yaks on the ute ;( , then I killed the ute....... #murfedagain :lol:

So anyway, the Mrs works down in Timaru for some of the week and her accommodation fell through so while we were tossing up the options we considered property down there. I wasn't convinced until it dawned on me that I could get the Prowler out and suss out a few Wallaby spots ;)

I coincidentally did a stint in Timaru myself this week and did a bit of noseying about. Patiti Point looks fishable and an old fella I met down the wharf had a few suggestions, Jacks Point looks worth a look and Oamaru/Moeraki are only another hop skip away.

Long story short - went unconditional on a wee property (dubbed 'the Bach') 2 days ago. Little Rob Nelson came and stayed a while back, I believe he is hiding in Wanaka at the moment so if anyone else is still in touch tell him to check his text messages!

So if anyone in Timaru spots a Green battleship on or off a dark green hilux don't be shy :y:
Me with Snap.jpg
Me with Snap.jpg (85.27 KiB) Viewed 586 times

AndrewRawlingson

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:25 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, we fished together in Auckland quite a few years ago. Things have obviously changed for both of us since then. I've been in Northland since Auckland. Everything they say about fishing in the north is true! Funnily enough, I had a job offer in Timaru last year. It was a good job, but I bailed because I'm a pussy that hates the cold. Having said that, the hunting would be a shitload better down there than here, so you can't win them all :)

murf
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3 Ultra

Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Hiya Andrew, there's a blast from the past! I never actually fished the North Island but we communicated pretty much daily on the forum in those days, I remember your transit to the North. I made a couple of pathetic attempts at trip reports after leaving Nelson but the sea is pretty unforgiving here and my fresh water attempts were much of a nothing :lol:

Can't wait to get back into it, never got rid of any of the yaks or gear.

I am fairly certain however I will not be getting back into my wetsuit from 4 years ago :rofl:

• Information