Drogue/Sea anchors

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Fri May 04, 2018 8:06 am

This is the one I use on my Stealth - works a treat and is the thinner material so easy to roll up and stow!
AndrewRawlingson wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:41 pm
I am going to sell my Tagit sea anchor if anyone is interested. It's sold as a jetski anchor, but if you want something bigger then this would suit a kayak. I'm upgrading to a larger one as this one is too small for the ski. There is a pattern emerging here!

https://www.fishingdirectnz.co.nz/shop/ ... t+Ski.html

$55 posted
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Ryanh
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish Reload

Fri May 04, 2018 8:22 am

Mental wrote:
This is the one I use on my Stealth - works a treat and is the thinner material so easy to roll up and stow!
AndrewRawlingson wrote:
I am going to sell my Tagit sea anchor if anyone is interested. It's sold as a jetski anchor, but if you want something bigger then this would suit a kayak. I'm upgrading to a larger one as this one is too small for the ski. There is a pattern emerging here!

$55 posted
So you actually use the jet ski one or just the same anchor in the kayak size? I think the tagit one is top of my list so far

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Fri May 04, 2018 10:00 am

Ryanh wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:22 am
Mental wrote:
AndrewRawlingson wrote:

$55 posted
So you actually use the jet ski one or just the same anchor in the kayak size? I think the tagit one is top of my list so far
I use the Tagit jet Ski one on my kayak (originally purchased for my jet ski) :y:
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Nemesis
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 440

Fri May 04, 2018 2:27 pm

I have both the Tagit and the Rob Fort lightweight material drogues. (The Rob Fort one was purchased after a lapse in the brainium meant I left my drogue at home on a trip). My $0.02 - the lightweight Rob Fort is my preference, rolls up really nicely and seems to set and hold better. I also like the float on the end for picking it up out of the water. But both a good products and work damn well.
You're aware that while it affords one the momentary illusion of satisfaction, the spewing of bile is never a permanent solution.

• Information