Australian Kayak fishing Championships Exmouth WA Aug 2 /18

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
yakkingbrendon
Kayak Make: Hobie
Kayak Model: Revolution
VHF Call Sign: NIL

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Ever wanted an excuse to go to Exmouth in Australia and tangle with big tropical beasties from a kayak and maybe even win an all expenses paid trip to fish an International competition in Panama at the amazing Los Buzos resort ?
Well here it is and Kiwi competitors are most welcome to compete !

Posting this on behalf of the organisers . I will be attending as a competitor

In short there will be an Offshore Kayak Fishing Competition held based at the Exmouth Game Club Fishing over 4 days of fishing in August of 2018.

The major prize is qualifying for the World Kayak Fishing Championships (nothing to do with the Hobie Series) at the Los Buzos Resort in Panama which has a long standing Kayak fishing guide service based out of it and amazing fishing for a large range of offshore species including the amazing Rooster Fish , Sailfish ,Wahoo , yellow fin tuna amongst many more check this video out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLSLFKOklvI

The prize includes use of fully rigged Hobie Kayaks, accomadation ,meals transfers and air fare from Australia to Panama (and free beer!) First Prize for the World championships $10 000 USD !

The Australian qualifier will be based around Exmouth which has some of the best Kayak fishing in Australia with every popular tropical species you could name available and with Exmouth being on a cape you have 270 degrees of options from inside the ningaloo reef , outside the reef and inside the gulf .
The comp will not require game fishing rules to be followed so no line classes ,leader lengths etc . basically follow WA fisheries reg and comp regs

So for the East Coast/NZ crew who may want to attend Hobie Kayaks will be available to hire for the event and the organisers are keen to help assist east coast yakkers and NZ yakkers to be able to attend .

I will be driving up with my BT50 Dual cab with roof racks and a Yak trailer so I might be able to help get a kayak or two from Perth to Exmouth and back and may have a spot for a co driver .
All the official details here .
http://www.theaverageanglerfishingadven ... pionships/

This is the excuse you guys have been looking for to finally get to Exmouth ..... DO IT!!!!

PS check out the Los Buzos page on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/losbuzospanama/ and face book https://www.facebook.com/LosBuzosPanama/

See ya up there Brendon

yakkingbrendon
Kayak Model: Revolution
VHF Call Sign: NIL

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:14 pm

There may be other Kayak brands available to hire ex Perth if pedalling ain,t your thing . Sponsered by a Kiwi Yak manufacturer/ retailer ? Maybe hit them up for some assistance ? We managed to get an Ocean Kayak loaner for a person who was sponsored by them for a previous adventure....

AndrewRawlingson

Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:01 pm

With Hola giving us an early taste of Northland winter, that is very tempting!

Hainesy
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 am

Oh how tempting!... don’t think I’ll be “battle fit “ and all repaired by then ... unfortunately ☹️☹️
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

awondering
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:22 pm

No short cuts to that place aye :lol:

DARKE ANGLER
Kayak Model: Hobie Outback Camo

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:16 pm

awondering wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:22 pm
No short cuts to that place aye :lol:
??
Hobie Out Back 2017

cheaterparts
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Profisha 525

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:44 am

Looks like they are still quite short of entries to run this event - going by Facebook they need 50 to run it and have to get 25 more entries by the end of the month

the Logistics of getting to Exmouth is the biggest problem for most of us here in Oz - a 4560 km drive from Melbourne - 5040 km drive from Sydney or 5417 km drive from Brisbane sort of makes this out of reach for most along the East Coast

of cause you could fly but try to take a 5.25 meter Stealth on as hand luggage -

and in fact it is a thousand km closer as the crow flys to jump the ditch and enter a comp in NZ - it will be interesting to see if this event goes head

ajst2duk

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:41 pm

I might have to think about this - back my hookup on a sailfish off Kalbarri up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just fishing and stuff
Kayak PB's
Snapper 87cm
Kingy 115cm
Now yakking in amazing W.A.

• Information