My last outing was on the 5th of March. That's 11 weeks ago!!!
Then everything went for a loop...
- Unfortunately my wife and I separated. I've left my kayak at the house, but of course not that easy getting to it.
- I found a fair amount of water inside the kayak after that trip, so keen to get that checked out before I go out again.
- Helix 7 Fish Finder which I bought second hand has never worked correctly since I got it, so not critical, but I wanted to get that sorted out as well.
- The little petrol motor was well overdue for it's first service.
- My contract came to an end and it took a few weeks to find the next one
Well, I've found my next contract, the motor's been serviced and I took the kayak to Trevor at YakAttack, who did a pressure test on the hull and found no leak whatsoever. Great news!
I'm in Hamilton Monday to Thursday, but hoping to fetch the kayak from Trev on Friday and finally head for a fish on Saturday.
Pity I have missed what I consider to be the best 2 months of the year for fishing. Now I'll have to invest in some warmer clothing as I promised my feet last winter that I wouldn't do that to them again!!
Boring post, sorry, but I just wanted to say something fishing related. Can't wait to get out there!
And for the record, my wife and I have not given up on each other. We're now back to dating and trying to redefine our relationship.