whats the best kayak trolley

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
Post Reply
Grim
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:14 pm
Kayak Make: Malibu
Kayak Model: stealth12
VHF Call Sign: none
Location: Bay of plenty

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Ha guys just wondering what kayak trolley to get, and any info would help. I have been looking at the c- tug, what have others got? Thanks :)

User avatar
Kerry
Posts: 2083
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:34 pm
Kayak Make: Old town
Kayak Model: Predator PDL
Location: Far north
Contact:

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Wheelies is by far the best!
Attachments
10836636_1560044904276159_1500559647_n.jpg
Image

User avatar
Hainesy
Moderator
Posts: 8296
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196
Location: West Harbour

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:58 pm

Yep....nothing better !
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Image
Image

User avatar
Blazer60
Posts: 1077
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:51 pm
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5911 - Blazer60
Location: Whitby, Wellington

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:06 pm

What they said.
Blazer60
Stealth Fisha 500 ZMW5911

User avatar
FatherOfMany
Posts: 1803
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 am
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858
Location: Papakura, Auckland
Contact:

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Pffft
20150630_173435.jpg
Unfortunately it's a DIY job, so you won't find it in store.
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland

User avatar
Mental
Site Admin
Posts: 10235
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:31 pm
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156
Location: Kaukapakapa
Contact:

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:24 pm

I own both Wheeleez and C-Tug trolleys, the Wheeleez is the best BUT it also carries the price tag to go with it so if budget is an issue then look at the C-Tug :y: Also if you don't want to walk back to the car before you launch to drop the trolley off then the C-Tug wins as you can break it down and put it in the front hatch of most good fishing kayaks :y: But if you launch on a lot of soft sand then Wheeleez is the way to go :y:
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

User avatar
Peace
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 pm
Kayak Make: Barracuda
Kayak Model: SOT Fishing Pro
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5048
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:59 pm

a group of us fished Mathesons (Leigh) Saturday and watching those with a c-tug puffin and huffin as they tried pulls there yaks up through the soft sand after my Wheeleez and kayak glided over the top (I previously had the c-tug with wheel extenders) I think the extra $$'s is definitely with considering, at my age the easier things are the more likely I am to go fishing

dedant
Posts: 1559
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:11 pm
Kayak Make: Stealth-less
Kayak Model: Pending
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052
Location: West Auckland

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:59 pm

Peace wrote:a group of us fished Mathesons (Leigh) Saturday and watching those with a c-tug puffin and huffin as they tried pulls there yaks up through the soft sand after my Wheeleez and kayak glided over the top (I previously had the c-tug with wheel extenders) I think the extra $$'s is definitely with considering, at my age the easier things are the more likely I am to go fishing
Says him with the featherweight yak! :D

Plus I had all those fish in the back that you didn't have :y: ;)(this time)

But yea those wheeleez made it WAY easier! :y:
Image

Glass is Class.. dedant

User avatar
Peace
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 pm
Kayak Make: Barracuda
Kayak Model: SOT Fishing Pro
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5048
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:27 am

AntN wrote:
Peace wrote:a group of us fished Mathesons (Leigh) Saturday and watching those with a c-tug puffin and huffin as they tried pulls there yaks up through the soft sand after my Wheeleez and kayak glided over the top (I previously had the c-tug with wheel extenders) I think the extra $$'s is definitely with considering, at my age the easier things are the more likely I am to go fishing
Says him with the featherweight yak! :D

Plus I had all those fish in the back that you didn't have :y: ;)(this time)

But yea those wheeleez made it WAY easier! :y:
glad to see you have stopped puffing AntN

JohnnyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:14 pm
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 13

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:01 am

I've been thinking about a Wheeleez for a while. Who sells them in NZ?


User avatar
Flowrider
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:15 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: Flowrider
Location: New Plymouth
Contact:

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:27 am

I got the smaller version of the wheelez to fit on my c-tug. They still go real good over soft sand and also fit inside front hatch of my reload. They were about $70 each off Beach Wheels NZ.
The wheels have a 1/2 inch bushing so need to change the axle of the c-tug to fit them.
Taranaki Kayak Fishing Classic http://kayakfishingclassic.org.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Taranaki Kayak Fishing Club http://www.oskfc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Viking Reload

JohnnyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:14 pm
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 13

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:04 am

Thanks,

I see they've got two versions on their website, the kayak cart- mini and the kayak cart-beach.

Any thoughts on which is best?

User avatar
Hainesy
Moderator
Posts: 8296
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196
Location: West Harbour

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:12 am

JohnnyR wrote:Thanks,

I see they've got two versions on their website, the kayak cart- mini and the kayak cart-beach.

Any thoughts on which is best?
Kayak Cart Beach has the bigger wheels and in my opinion is the better option.. Its the one that a number of us use
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Image
Image

User avatar
Mental
Site Admin
Posts: 10235
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:31 pm
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156
Location: Kaukapakapa
Contact:

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:24 am

JohnnyR wrote:I've been thinking about a Wheeleez for a while. Who sells them in NZ?
I got mine here from the NZ Agent > http://www.beachwheels.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

vr4king
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Taranaki

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:30 pm

I find getting someone else to carry my Yak is by far the best option....

User avatar
Mental
Site Admin
Posts: 10235
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:31 pm
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156
Location: Kaukapakapa
Contact:

Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:19 pm

vr4king wrote:I find getting someone else to carry my Yak is by far the best option....
I'm sure there is a photo floating around about mates helping mates carry kayaks...

No worries found it! Hainesy and Rusty - no it wasn't taken in the 1980's either..!

Image
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

User avatar
awondering
Posts: 6633
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:47 am
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Mental wrote:
vr4king wrote:I find getting someone else to carry my Yak is by far the best option....
I'm sure there is a photo floating around about mates helping mates carry kayaks...

No worries found it! Hainesy and Rusty - no it wasn't taken in the 1980's either..!

Image

:| :| :| :| :| :lol: :lol: :lol: One of the classic pics

User avatar
Hainesy
Moderator
Posts: 8296
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 pm
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196
Location: West Harbour

Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:25 pm

a..holes !!..

But you gotta laugh... Rusty does look like he needs help more than most ! :lol: :lol:
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Image
Image

User avatar
Kingfish killer
Posts: 7338
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:37 am
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer
Location: Glen Eden Waitakere City

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Mental wrote:
vr4king wrote:I find getting someone else to carry my Yak is by far the best option....
I'm sure there is a photo floating around about mates helping mates carry kayaks...

No worries found it! Hainesy and Rusty - no it wasn't taken in the 1980's either..!

Image
That was when we had an open day for those with " special needs " .

Grim
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:14 pm
Kayak Make: Malibu
Kayak Model: stealth12
VHF Call Sign: none
Location: Bay of plenty

Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:13 pm

Thanks guys for all the input and knowledge, It sure does help when you here what others have tried and which works well. :clap:

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 19 guests