anzac weekend

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
dyls
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: profish440

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:59 am

So what's everyone's plans? ive got a batch at papa aroha motor camp for the duration as this is one of my favourite times of year to fish the gulf with the snapper feeding aggressively and putting on condition for winter, if anyone is around im more than happy to take them with me to some of the more productive autumn spots I've found over the years :y:
Viking reload
Viking profish 440(retired)

Rockcod Brother
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: PF400

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:01 am

Damn I'd be keen for a Coro trip with ya but a week in Northland calls... good luck mate
Custom Profish 400 lite
PB: Snapper 19.2lb

FatherOfMany
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:49 am

dyls wrote:So what's everyone's plans? ive got a batch at papa aroha motor camp for the duration as this is one of my favourite times of year to fish the gulf with the snapper feeding aggressively and putting on condition for winter, if anyone is around im more than happy to take them with me to some of the more productive autumn spots I've found over the years :y:
I'm on the other side of the peninsula at Sandy bay. REALLY looking forward to it, even though the weather's not looking great on WindGuru.
Thanks for the pointers on Port Charles in a previous post, I'll apply them this weekend. I didn't even know there's a mussel farm around there and probably would have missed it completely if you hadn't mentioned it. Found it on Google Maps now though!

Would love to have done a trip with you if we were close to each other, dyls.
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:55 am

Keep in mind if you need stuff everywhere is closed on the Saturday!
Fishing is like a box of chocolates. you never know what is going to be served up...

dyls

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:26 am

FatherOfMany wrote:
dyls wrote:So what's everyone's plans? ive got a batch at papa aroha motor camp for the duration as this is one of my favourite times of year to fish the gulf with the snapper feeding aggressively and putting on condition for winter, if anyone is around im more than happy to take them with me to some of the more productive autumn spots I've found over the years :y:
I'm on the other side of the peninsula at Sandy bay. REALLY looking forward to it, even though the weather's not looking great on WindGuru.
Thanks for the pointers on Port Charles in a previous post, I'll apply them this weekend. I didn't even know there's a mussel farm around there and probably would have missed it completely if you hadn't mentioned it. Found it on Google Maps now though!

Would love to have done a trip with you if we were close to each other, dyls.
I'd be keen for a go at kingys over where your going to be if the wind changes, but forecast ne the last half of the week means it'll be pretty chewed up that side, the places I'm
Looking at are prolly halfway between paps and sandy fom so the offer is there if the easy side gets too gnarly
Viking reload

FatherOfMany

Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:35 pm

dyls wrote:I'd be keen for a go at kingys over where your going to be if the wind changes, but forecast ne the last half of the week means it'll be pretty chewed up that side, the places I'm
Looking at are prolly halfway between paps and sandy fom so the offer is there if the easy side gets too gnarly
Yeah, wind just doesn't want to play with me. When I was on the west side a week ago, the wind came from the west. Now that I'm going to be in the north east side, the wind's coming from that direction. At least it seems to be blowing me towards land at all times, so that's good.

Let's see closer to the weekend dyls.
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13

Kayak Fishing Auckland

kernels
Kayak Model: ProFish Reload

Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:05 pm

If the weather is nice, I'm likely to head out the Kaipara again if anyone wants to take a walk on the wild side.

dyls

Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Rockcod Brother wrote:Damn I'd be keen for a Coro trip with ya but a week in Northland calls... good luck mate
you too mate :y:
Viking reload

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:41 pm

That's a tempting offer dyls . I wonder if I can sneak away for a couple of days :^)

dyls

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Kingfish killer wrote:That's a tempting offer dyls . I wonder if I can sneak away for a couple of days :^)
do it! :rock:
Viking reload

Hainesy
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Kingfish killer wrote:That's a tempting offer dyls . I wonder if I can sneak away for a couple of days :^)
Yeah wouldnt mind doing something as well but the weather is looking pretty shite...
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

dyls

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:39 pm

Hainesy wrote:
Yeah wouldnt mind doing something as well but the weather is looking pretty shite...
yep certainly knot ideal :lol:
but 15 to 20 ne isn't too bad up that side of the coast
Viking reload

Andy2014
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Cabo

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:14 pm

Hey mate might see you down there. Sarah broke her toe last week so we'll see how she's feeling Thurs but keen to get back down there, pre Xmas trip was magic.

Waikatoguy

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:27 pm

Sounds pretty good. I'm new to kayak fishing and went out first time over Easter up Papa Aroha way. Need some guide nice so any help would be great. Was looking at heading up that way fri night for a fish sat and sun.

dyls

Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:56 am

Waikatoguy wrote:Sounds pretty good. I'm new to kayak fishing and went out first time over Easter up Papa Aroha way. Need some guide nice so any help would be great. Was looking at heading up that way fri night for a fish sat and sun.
yea mate no worrys, im up Friday evening too, just look for a white and black reload on a trailer, il be in one of the batches on the waterline :y:
Andy2014 wrote:Hey mate might see you down there. Sarah broke her toe last week so we'll see how she's feeling Thurs but keen to get back down there, pre Xmas trip was magic.
sweet, hope she feels better :y:
Viking reload

FatherOfMany

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:42 am

Well good news, bad news:

Bad news: I'll be working the weekend.
Good news: When I mentioned how perfect the weather is tomorrow, my wonderful wife brought to my attention that I am as of recently self employed and can take my weekends on whatever day I wish.
Quick phone to the back owner got the dates moved to the next 2 nights. Unfortunately I took my car in for a service this morning, so will have to wait for that and might only get away later this afternoon. Still, wind forecast for tomorrow is 1-3 knots!!! And even Thursday is below 10 knots until lunchtime.
SO excited now!! Going to pack and get ready, then do some slow breathing to avoid a heart attack while waiting for my car.
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13

Kayak Fishing Auckland

dyls

Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Nice, kingy time!
Viking reload

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Sadly, I tore my LCL (knee) on Saturday, and will be out of duty for at least a couple of weeks.
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

all good
Kayak Make: pinnacle elite on the sand
Kayak Model: ultra 4.1 rock hopping
VHF Call Sign: 4.3 trident

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:43 pm

8) I be up coro Friday for a Saturday long story but will be on the water Saturday. will get some goodies off rob Friday and see how fishing is and where open to play so I'm in :rock:
Pinnacle elite
o/k ultra 4.1
4.3 trident

dyls

Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:45 pm

all good wrote:8) I be up coro Friday for a Saturday long story but will be on the water Saturday. will get some goodies off rob Friday and see how fishing is and where open to play so I'm in :rock:
sweet! going by the forecast the whole strip from waiaru to goat should be pretty sweet..at this stage lol. ill be stopping in at robs on the way up Friday arvo too might run into you there, if not ill be at paps if you wanna hook up and formulate a plan :beer:
Viking reload

• Information