Fishings great but the economics suck.

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
Hainesy
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Fri May 30, 2014 8:22 am

.....and all to save $2 on a pair of undies !!
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

davidlaws69839
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7

Fri May 30, 2014 8:42 am

The one i got just happened to come that way. The retailer didnt outfit it. It came fully rigged from NZ it was the only one in the US that came like that so it was prolly a mix up with boats. But hey i sure aint complaining. :rock:
Other yaks in fleet. Ocean Kayak Malibu 2xl, Ocean Kayak Scrambler 12 "Speck Edition", Soon to come Viking Profish Reload

TexasAngler

Fri May 30, 2014 9:07 am

Limitless wrote:
Hawk wrote:... Remember that in the Reload's case, the 'bare-bones' unit still has 2 rod holders, so aside from the storage, most of the other costs stay fixed.. but that's probably splitting hairs.
Sorry, it's not my intention to be pedantic, but given the detail some want to take this to I want to confirm that the "bare-bones" Reloads we ship to the US don't have any rod holders fitted - as per here http://www.austinkayak.com/products/148 ... l?k=reload" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Knew upfront this yak was a barebones deal in the US, aside from the included tackle-pod, as for rod holders, ACK being the only current 2014 vendor, doesn't include 2-rod holders. Compared to say an OK Trident 4.3 or 4.7 with a cheap uncomfortable seat and 4 rod-holders, well for $175-200 more one can buy a great seat and all six rod holders, prefer to place my own rodholders anyway. Very happy with it so far (1-day old & she's hungry for the ocean). It does suck it costs so much to get it locally shipped over there, etc.

SAHunter
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: P400 & Reload
VHF Call Sign: SAHunter

Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:45 pm

The boats as stated are stripped down when they get to Texas from what I have seen with my two boats as well as others. Pm me for details if you want. By bare, they really mean bare. All accessories are a-la carte. The pricing is competitive for the US market which seems to be flooded with cheap kayak rubbish, and many good companies. There are a lot of variables in play as was stated before. Viking may be taking a calculated hit to open up a new market over seas but that is their business and their call. I am just glad we have a chance to use the boats over here. Good stuff!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Information