Do WheelEEZ kayak carts solve world hunger, cure cancer, etc?

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
kingiFiddler
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 460

Cheers Casualtyward. Beachwheels offer the conversion kits, but it made me wonder if RB were ever going to get their soft sand together and offer a balloon tyre option. Their answer without answering was a no.
Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Angler 14
VHF Call Sign: none

Marc N wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:19 am I reckon that simple axle extensions on my current cart will A. do the trick and B. be removable and C. be cheap. we have a winner!
And here is there result of 2 hours of faffing about, with a pair of pliers, a hacksaw and a drill. Made from some bits of aluminium tube, left over from the time I cut my seat down...
Wheels1.jpg
Wheels1.jpg (229.18 KiB) Viewed 322 times

You'll note the wheels on the outside are pneumatic, left soft for the sand, whilst the inner wheels are solid.
Wheels2.jpg
Wheels2.jpg (249.25 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Yu Co
Fishmaster Angler 14 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish
kingiFiddler
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 460

:y:
Looking good!
Please let us know how they go on soft sand.
Marc N

Could be a while, but I'll report back when I do.

now I'm gonna get a racing stripe and some fluffy dice.
Yu Co
Marc N

kingiFiddler wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:26 pm Good luck with it Marc. Remember, pics or it never happened. :-)
Your wish, my command...

I apologise for the photo, on looking at my phone I see a broken camera, it's getting repaired now.

I did the best in photoshop that I could, but you can see the wheels.

That's me all kitted up for a day on the harbour.

And of note I got a chilly bin on Trademe, that is not only very light, but has a hatch in the lid for the ingress of my catch, very bloody good. I used to use an insulated soft bag that was a devil to clean.

IMG_2699.jpg
IMG_2699.jpg (165.23 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Yu Co
Nemesis
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Trident 15

Marc N wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:37 am

That's me all kitted up for a day on the harbour.

And of note I got a chilly bin on Trademe, that is not only very light, but has a hatch in the lid for the ingress of my catch, very bloody good. I used to use an insulated soft bag that was a devil to clean.

IMG_2699.jpg
So, how is the trolley going? I like the look of it, and having tried a couple of standard ones and been well bogged on loose stones am thinking this might be the quackers knackers.

Also, the chilly bin idea, since I can't lay my hands on an OK ice box for the trident, I have been thinking something similar, is the bin working well?
You're aware that while it affords one the momentary illusion of satisfaction, the spewing of bile is never a permanent solution.
Marc N

Nemesis wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:56 am So, how is the trolley going? I like the look of it, and having tried a couple of standard ones and been well bogged on loose stones am thinking this might be the quackers knackers.

Also, the chilly bin idea, since I can't lay my hands on an OK ice box for the trident, I have been thinking something similar, is the bin working well?
I've yet to use it on somewhere soft, only on concrete and on firm sand, so far, but it feels like its more solid, also I'm placing it near halfway mark on the boat, whereas, I used to use it towards the back end. I'm going to be leaving it in the car now, when done, though I can strap it to the back of the yak.

The Chilly Bin is great, everything is cold when I get home and it's got room, for my limit of Snapper and maybe a good King with it's tail sticking out.
Yu Co
Nemesis

Superb, you have inspired me on both counts.

Especially since I have an older chilly bin at home that could be repurposed.
You're aware that while it affords one the momentary illusion of satisfaction, the spewing of bile is never a permanent solution.
Marc N

And in light of the recent tragedies up north, the deaths and wreckage of the Enchanter, a Chilly Bin can also be repurposed as a floating device.
Yu Co
Nemesis

Marc N wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:33 am And in light of the recent tragedies up north, the deaths and wreckage of the Enchanter, a Chilly Bin can also be repurposed as a floating device.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mac50L
Kayak Make: SeaLand
Kayak Model: Mac50L

Marc N wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:33 am And in light of the recent tragedies up north, the deaths and wreckage of the Enchanter, a Chilly Bin can also be repurposed as a floating device.
Are you suggesting a coffin?
What !!!
Marc N

I meant no disrespect to the deceased, I meant, upside down, it'll hold some air as an improvised flotation device, in an emergency.
Yu Co
SitDown

Schecter wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:14 am I've owned my wheeleez for over 6 years and they're worth every penny. I bought them second hand, but they were still bloody expensive. I've only recently discovered that the wheeleez can be disassembled and stored in the hull of my reload. If only I knew that 6 years ago :headbang: .

Unfortunately, I've found no other additional use for them, other than carrying my kayak.
Which version of the Wheeleez do you have that fits in the hull of your Reload
https://www.beachwheels.co.nz/shop/kaya ... rt-mini?gn
or
https://www.beachwheels.co.nz/shop/kaya ... wz1-kcb?gn
surlymermaid
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMP5926

SitDown wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:25 pm
Which version of the Wheeleez do you have that fits in the hull of your Reload
https://www.beachwheels.co.nz/shop/kaya ... rt-mini?gn
or
https://www.beachwheels.co.nz/shop/kaya ... wz1-kcb?gn
I only have a 400 but I'd imagine the full size wheels would fit through the oval hatch of a reload - the wheels are a fair bit bigger than the mini.
PS I've got the full size cart (went from c-tug > wheeleez mini > regular wheeleez) and it's even better again than the mini.
It's a breeze to drag my fully laden yak over super soft sand and pebbles and the good thing about the regular size over the mini as the yak sits a little higher on it so when going up/down inclines you're less likely the drag the back of your yak. If you're looking at getting one, you may as well go for the full size job off the bat unless wheel size is a limiting factor.
I position the trolley about half to 2/3 of the way down and it works a treat.
SitDown

I had confirmation the Kayak Cart Beach by WheelEEZ do fit inside the reload hull (full size wheels) so I bought them

My fishing now, is generally the Manukau harbour, its a different beast compared to east side & the quality of snapper are so much better eating. Their winter fat starts happening early Feb onwards
At half tide down, you need the wheeleez if you want to access your fishing location at any stage of the tide. The c-tug with sandtrakz is hopeless in the mud & at times the wrapping strap would undo itself as the wheels buried themselves in the mud
The wheeleez straps are more like ratchet clamps & will not undo themselves when buried in ankle deep mud..... a very good bit of kit, not cheap tho eh