Orere Point Parking

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
Jeff666
Kayak Make: Ocean kayak
Kayak Model: Trident 4.3

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:53 pm

As some of you may know there has been a big change to the beach at Orere, this has meant the river is not an easy launch for boats so the locals are launching from the beach. Last week a car was parked in the roadway down to the beach and a local had to get a new road cleared through the mess so boats could access the beach. This week a silver Mazda was parked right at the end so boats couldn't have access to launch. The owner was asked to move and refused and a few words were had and when i came in today i got an earful from some of the locals.
So if you are going to fish Orere please look at the beach access which changes daily and don't park so other users cannot access the beach. The locals that are around are very protective of the beach and will speak to anyone who is out of order or misbehaving. That said if some of them cannot access the beach to go fishing they will unhook their boat and drag the offending car down the beach.

Jeff
Old Town Predator 13
On the way The Old Town Predator PDL

awondering
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Aint rocket science aye horse ? :y:

Schecter
Kayak Model: Profish EVO IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMW8098

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Why did the locals give you an earful Jeff? Was the clown in the Mazda a kayakfisher?
Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.

Jeff666

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Schecter wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 pm
Why did the locals give you an earful Jeff? Was the clown in the Mazda a kayakfisher?
yes and all the people that have parked over the access way are kayak fishers as well.
Old Town Predator 13

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Profish
Kayak Model: 400

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:04 am

Why would you (someone) refuse to move your car. Being an ass for the sake of it?
Not realizing that you're blocking people is one thing, purposely blocking is something else quite different

BTW, that's directed at the person, not you lol
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Yamaha FXHO
Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

Jeff666

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:47 pm

sk8e8 wrote:
Why would you (someone) refuse to move your car. Being an ass for the sake of it?
Not realizing that you're blocking people is one thing, purposely blocking is something else quite different

BTW, that's directed at the person, not you lol
Yes I find it hard to believe but each to their own I suppose. The locals are very protective of the beach and tend to stamp on anything quickly, they do watch whats happening down there and are happy for everyone to come here. When you see how many working bees there have been to clean up after the storms it is amazing. However the beach is ever changing due to the volume of stones/mud that have come off the cliffs and down the river and the beach access is very small considering the size it was before.
We are all associated with a group and because i kayak fish they tend to complain to me which I am happy to deal with and this forum is great for getting that message out. I would rather that than see cars dragged to the other end of the beach to make a point. Funnily we had a skull found close to the carpark and one of the old guys pointed this out to me on Sunday "now you saw what happened to the last kayaker who pissed us off" :D :D :D lol.
Its a great place to live and they don't want that selfish attitude to take over.
Old Town Predator 13

FatherOfMany
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:32 am

Over the years there's been a number of complaints from the Orere Point locals on here, I guess mostly because AW is somewhat of a local himself and knows a number of them. But every time I've been there, the locals have been extremely friendly, either a quick "great day for it" as they walk past or stopping for a lengthily chat. So I think the aggression only rears it's head when you do something to piss them off.
sk8e8 wrote:
I agree. I'm not the most observant of people and did not realize that the boats are now launching from the beach, so I can well understand the mistake (Though incidentally there's been someone or something parked close to the beach each time so I've ended up parking further away from it). But if somebody points out that you're making others' lives difficult, why on earth would you not move??

lol, talk about absent minded... I just remembered that on my last outing a few weeks ago I came back through the river, but ended up going back out and landing on the beach because I couldn't "find" the boat ramp in the river. Turns out it's not longer there to be found :$ :$ :$
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland

MikeAqua
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMT-7387

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:08 am

All it takes is a couple of people to get confrontational with each other and the most trivial problem turns into stubborn stand-off, or worse.
"No good story begins with a salad"
ZMT-7387
Viking Profish 400Stolen!! Yellow/Black
'Zespri' Viking Espri
Viking 2+1 Stolen!! Orange/yellow with scratch along one side

FatherOfMany
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:04 pm

MikeAqua wrote:All it takes is a couple of people to get confrontational with each other and the most trivial problem turns into stubborn stand-off, or worse.
Hey, leave my marriage out of this :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland

MikeAqua