Ocean Kayak Gold Rush - Coromandel - Oct 6th & 7th 2012

The Orton Events New Zealand Premier Kayak Fishing Series has five rounds of spectacular fishing located around the North Island, showing off the beautiful and rugged New Zealand coast line. Discuss the events and series in this forum
Pointloader
Kayak Make: Viking Kayaks
Kayak Model: Profish Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9774

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:20 am

Yeah good luck to all those fishing this comp, I would love to be there with you but family comes first.
I expect detailed TR's with plenty of pix, hopefully they will help with the fishing withdrawls :lol:

I will however be fishing the rest of the series so I'm not too gutted about missing this one.
https://www.facebook.com/FishingAddictsAnonymous
Viking Profish Reload, Viking Profish GT & Viking 2+1
Viking Kayaks Pro Team
Lowrance Pro-Staff
NZ Black Yaks 2015
ZMW9774

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:48 am

^^ Dito
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

lenzman
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 am

Not long now :o: :o: Will miss my paddling buddy for this one :( but travelling down with Straydog and meeting up with Drugrunner, gonna have some fun :) . None of us have fished the area so will be a steep learning curve ;) It's not about winning its about participating :lol: well somebody has to right :hai: just kidding, all the best to all participating and looking forward to putting some faces to names over a few :beer: :beer:
If I'm not fishing I'm taking photographs, if I'm not taking photographs I'm fishing!!

Downtown
Kayak Model: PF440

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Works dead and buried for this week, travelling up tomorrow. Everything sorted gear wise i just can't decide what beers to bring

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Thought all you southerners drunk waikato :P
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

Downtown
Kayak Model: PF440

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:49 pm

:lol: Not on this side of the kaimais. Was undecided between heinys or corona

Hunt&gather
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:51 pm

MadMike wrote:Thought all you southerners drunk waikato :P
There's a fair bit of NZ south of whangarei... They don't sell Waikato in Wellington only premium craft beers :beer: I used to work for the breweries and almost zero difference in recipes between the main stream beers just color and sugar added at the filter. It's all in the marketing so you think you're drinking something different :geek:
Viking Profish 400 Lite
Viking Profish 440 Evo IV
The mothership - Surtees 5.5 Hardtop 115 Zuki 4 stroke

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Pointloader wrote:Yeah good luck to all those fishing this comp, I would love to be there with you but family comes first.
I expect detailed TR's with plenty of pix, hopefully they will help with the fishing withdrawls :lol:

I will however be fishing the rest of the series so I'm not too gutted about missing this one.
In the same boat here.. and had a planned fish for monday but thats gone as well bloody work |( ... but getting some new reels to make up for it :lol:..Go hard fellas and good luck oh and :y: up to the Stealth Crew good luck :rock:

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:21 pm

A mate of mine had another kid to day .... his missus is still letting him fish the comp 2 days latter ! :y:

DJ
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra 4.7

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Kingfish killer wrote:A mate of mine had another kid to day .... his missus is still letting him fish the comp 2 days latter ! :y:
She may be letting him , but will it be all good when he gets home????
Hey to everyone doing the comp . Go hard and tight lines. Hope you have a blast. :y:

Buj
Kayak Model: Prowler Elite 4.5

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:26 pm

jools wrote:I am counting down the days now. Getting closer and closer. :)
My first trip overseas, who would have thought I'd be heading off to New Zealand. 8)
Geez I havent even packed my bag yet. |( Looks like a busy weekend ahead for me.
Well at least I dont have to worry about my fishing gear that's been taken care of.
I've only got to worry about packing too many clothes.... :D you know what us girls are like. :lol:
jools wrote:I've just started packing now. I dont like the pressure. :sweat: :whew: I ve already run out of room and thats just clothes. :wasntme: :lol:
I spent a nice relaxing morning just enjoying the public holiday over here. Now its time to get on with it. Only a few more days and I'll
be flying out. Its going to be a bit nerve racking for me but I cant wait. :)
Oh crap....there goes my idea of throwing in more fishing gear and lures into your bags. Trust me...you only need a couple changes of clothes....lures put fish in the yak....not clothes....the way my bag looks, and weighs, I'll be fishing in 'budgie smugglers'. At least I'll scare everyone off and have my fishing spot to myself :rofl:

This time tomorrow we'll be on the plane heading into Auckland. Should be at the Coromandel Top 10 holiday park by 2pm all going well. Can't wait to catch up with everyone at the briefing :)
Regards,

tunapete
Kayak Make: prowler/viking profish
Kayak Model: 13/440
VHF Call Sign: tunapete

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 pm

:rofl: I cant get down there till friday afternoon hope rob can keep a couple of gulps on the shelves for me .... hoping you guys dont go and buy the whole lot to give you an unfair advantage :rofl:

WaikatoYakka
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8783

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:41 pm

tunapete wrote::rofl: I cant get down there till friday afternoon hope rob can keep a couple of gulps on the shelves for me .... :rofl:
Being such a competitive environment, I'm sure someone can round up a bunch of slam for you :lol:
Cobra Fish N Dive
Cobra Marauder
Ocean Kayak 4.3
Viking 400
TETRA12
Ocean Kayak4.3

RELOAD
........Such a whore

ZMT8783
Still turtle free since September '09 March 2011 :doh:

Addict since Sept '09

murf
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3 Ultra

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Being such a competitive environment, I'm sure someone can round up a bunch of slam for you :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats hillarious. Looking forward to meeting some o' you jokers some day, obviously like minded individuals.

Best of luck to all, TRs will be interesting I'm sure.

plastic tiki
Kayak Model: Prowler 13

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Hunt&gather wrote:
MadMike wrote:Thought all you southerners drunk waikato :P
There's a fair bit of NZ south of whangarei... They don't sell Waikato in Wellington only premium craft beers :beer: I used to work for the breweries and almost zero difference in recipes between the main stream beers just color and sugar added at the filter. It's all in the marketing so you think you're drinking something different :geek:
I'll stick to the garage project, parrot dog, yeastie boys, three boys, croucher and tuatara this weekend. NZ Craft beer makes the fish love you, it's a secret so don't tell anyone :x
The perils of kayak fishing are great...... especially for the fish!

Hunt&gather
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite

Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:12 am

All aboard the Wellington express :rock: Next stop Coro!!!
Viking Profish 400 Lite
Viking Profish 440 Evo IV
The mothership - Surtees 5.5 Hardtop 115 Zuki 4 stroke

Kingfish killer
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Work finished .... thank god , what a crap couple of weeks . |(
A couple of whiskies to celebrate then get stuck into loading the wagon up for an early Friday morning trip to the Coromandel . :y:

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Kingfish killer wrote:Work finished .... thank god , what a crap couple of weeks . |(
A couple of whiskies to celebrate then get stuck into loading the wagon up for an early Friday morning trip to the Coromandel . :y:
Good luck fella :y:..

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Working in the morning tomorrow but now I have to start packing...
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

tunapete
Kayak Make: prowler/viking profish
Kayak Model: 13/440
VHF Call Sign: tunapete

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey guys I know this is picking up on it late but when and where is the brief ? :sweat: hell else i will just paddle out somewhere on saturday and hope to bump into other yakkers :D

Return to “NZ Kayak Fishing Series - Orton Events”

• Information