Kayak Pro Bridge To Cape & NZ Kayak Fishing Series Finals 2011/12

The Orton Events New Zealand Premier Kayak Fishing Series has five rounds of spectacular fishing located around the North Island, showing off the beautiful and rugged New Zealand coast line. Discuss the events and series in this forum
big blue
Kayak Make: stealth
Kayak Model: bfs

Sat May 19, 2012 11:15 am

Which one mike?? :lol: ;)

now a proud STEALTH bfs owner........

Yakfisherkarl
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish
VHF Call Sign: ZMT 2691

Sat May 19, 2012 1:10 pm

madmike wrote:Really looking forward to this event. It would be good to get the support of the local club and paddlers.
I'm sure there will be a few of us from the club doing it, but I do mean just a few as not many members are not into comps.
Cheers
Karl

Karl Pereira
President and Vice Treasurer
Northland Kayak Fishing Club Inc
http://www.northlandyakfishers.org.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Facebook page - Nkfc NZ
Email northlandyakfishers@gmail.com

Milkey
Kayak Model: Reload

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Not long to go now paddling fisho's. I've already switched off from any work duties and am daydreaming of possible spots, how to fish them and how I'm going to spend the $2k for biggest snapper ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaMilkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KayakPro

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:13 pm

There was number of us out on the water today doing a wee bit of recon, all I can say is that I saw no fish at all with your name on Milkey, so best you stay home, cuddle up to wifey, do all the chores and let those who can fish, fish and those that cant, dream about it!!!

PS there are no fish here...... ;) ( look in trip reports :rofl: )

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:15 pm

thought tht there where no northlanders fishing was the problem there.
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

YakTTMax
Kayak Make: Australis
Kayak Model: Pelagic
VHF Call Sign: YakTTMax

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:39 pm

6 more sleeps and we're on the plane headin your way...
All the best, Rob...

Milkey

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:56 am

KayakPro wrote:There was number of us out on the water today doing a wee bit of recon, all I can say is that I saw no fish at all with your name on Milkey, so best you stay home, cuddle up to wifey, do all the chores and let those who can fish, fish and those that cant, dream about it!!!

It's only the bigger ones that have my name on them, obviously you were playing with pannies on your Lipstix Kids Sprat rod and having a blast :lol:
Feeling a little threatened Shamus? :P
P2030002.jpg
I've got this 109cm one coralled into a rock pool up Mimiwhangata way :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaMilkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

helldave
Kayak Make: cobra
Kayak Model: fish and dive

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:54 am

not long at all now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KayakPro

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Milkey wrote:
KayakPro wrote:There was number of us out on the water today doing a wee bit of recon, all I can say is that I saw no fish at all with your name on Milkey, so best you stay home, cuddle up to wifey, do all the chores and let those who can fish, fish and those that cant, dream about it!!!

It's only the bigger ones that have my name on them, obviously you were playing with pannies on your Lipstix Kids Sprat rod and having a blast :lol:
Feeling a little threatened Shamus? :P
P2030002.jpg
I've got this 109cm one coralled into a rock pool up Mimiwhangata way :lol:
I am sure you have got something up Mimiwhangata, but I dont hink its a snapper in a rock pool... :lol:

The fact you are sitting naked with a snapper in your lap doesnt threaten me as much as it scares the hell out of all the snapper up here.....why the nudity?!!! :tmi: :worried: :x Next thing you will be saying "the :devil: made me do it" or is it just misdirected love :inlove: . Have some control :D
Last edited by KayakPro on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fish'N'Snork
Kayak Make: Cobra
Kayak Model: Marauder
VHF Call Sign: The Yak ZMW2544

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:27 am

Fish'N'Snork wrote:Have room for two Yak Fishers for those looking for a place ta stay for the Comp. Just PM. Can make floor space for a few more if needed. Just PM me.
Doug
Just Confirming. I have two beds left free to Yakkers in my Kauri/Kamo area flat, and one large couch between Fri and Mon (I have from fri to Mon off :rock: for the Comp). PM me if ya need a bed.

PS: no link for the Bridge To Cape Rules I can find on http://ortonevents.co.nz/bridge-to-cape ... lenge.html. Am I blind or do they need ta put them up? Yes have read http://ortonevents.co.nz/national_rules.html but it doesn't cover what I need to know.
Less Negativity And More Positive Encouragement Makes For A Better Life For All.

New Zealand......
The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke.

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid").

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure).

Fish'N'Snork
Kayak Make: Cobra
Kayak Model: Marauder
VHF Call Sign: The Yak ZMW2544

Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Fish'N'Snork wrote: PS: no link for the Bridge To Cape Rules I can find on http://ortonevents.co.nz/bridge-to-cape ... lenge.html. Am I blind or do they need ta put them up? Yes have read http://ortonevents.co.nz/national_rules.html but it doesn't cover what I need to know.[/color]
Found the rules at last! http://ortonevents.co.nz/bridge-to-cape ... rules.html. Just don't try the link on the entry form. Go for the "drop down" rule link on the header for "Kayak Pro Bridge to Cape Kayak Winter Fishing Challenge" http://ortonevents.co.nz/bridge-to-cape ... rules.html
Less Negativity And More Positive Encouragement Makes For A Better Life For All.

New Zealand......
The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke.

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid").

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure).

Orty
Kayak Make: oceankayak
Kayak Model: prolwler

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:11 am

Hi all yakkers,

Bridge to Cape is just around the corner, hoping the weather gods look after us.

I would like to give a big thank you to all sponsors ( Bite, Coromandel Kayak Adventures,BLA,Mcmurdo Beacons, Top Catch Whangarei,Humminbird,Sharkskin,Railbalaza,Superliquor Onerahi,Warkworth, Dargaville Kayaks,Fishing Coast to Coast,Ocean Kayaks,Viking Kayaks, Mission Kayaking, Kayak Pro,MV Taiho,Salty Towers, for all the support towards theses events and Series. :clap: :clap:

Another Big thank you to Viking Kayaks for supplying The Aussies with there kayaks and Humminbird for giving me a good deal on the Fishfinders. Stephen Tapp and Jason Milne for rigging up the Kayaks :clap: :clap:

Another Big Thank You to Rob Fort, Shamus,Stephen Tapp, Jason Milne for all there support through out the Series. :clap: :clap:

And again Rob Fort has use his brillant artistic skill and has made the NZ series trophys, to much Rob :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait for the weekend and look forward to seeing you all there.. :beer: :beer:

Orty

Hainesy
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:21 am

Good luck guys...unfortunately I cant make it, but I hope you all have a great time and most importantly ....stay safe.. :y:
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:33 am

Absolute best of luck to everyone who's entering :y:

Weather looking excellent for East Coast (bit of rain, but pffft! you're a tough bunch)

(I'll be in some swampy gully in the bush)
.................... "Flying Mango".......... [Up for sale, $1400]

Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

KayakPro

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:01 am

The Aussie boys are here and are already catching fish! Well done Justin for getting them here, I could be wrong, but I believe this is the first lot of unsponsored overseas contestants we have had come in to NZ, to especially compete in a Kayak Fishing Contest.

By the end of the weekend we will have our first National Kayak Fishing Champion. Whoever wins this title truely deserves it :clap:

As Justin (Orty) has said, thankyou to all of the sponsors, for getting together and supporting Kayak Fishing in the way that you have. By all working together, it can only strengthen future events and the industry as a whole.

It looks like the weather is going to be good for the comp, so I look forward to seeing you all up here.

If you are on your way through Whangarei and you find the shop closed, dont be surprised! I am keeping the Aussie boys entertained out on the water ;) A big thanks to Viking Kayaks for the kayaks they are using while they are here and to BLA for the supply of Humminbird sounders.

If you need anything especially (GPS marks not included), I am available on mobile 027 2877 477 or see Mike at Top Catch on Riverside Drive. My workshop will be open for any running repairs that may be required, just call me. (That includes you Milkey, you may need to repair some of that lightweight gear you are planning on fishing with ;) )

See you this weekend!

Cheers

Shamus

nige
Kayak Make: mission
Kayak Model: catch 420
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9509

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 pm

This weekend is WRC Rally NZ on the roads south west of Whangarei ,this is actually the biggest international sporting event in New Zealand this year.The roads will be very busy on Saturday so be careful there will be some idiots out there.
I may come in to have a look at the weigh in on Sunday.
Have fun and good luck to you all :y:
cheers Nigel

Jason Milne
Kayak Make: Viking Kayaks
Kayak Model: Reload, GT, 400

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Great to see some of the Aussie boys over here finally...I have been pumping the NZ fishing scene to them via articles and comp updates in Blade kayak journal...this should be the beginning of some regular trips over the ditch both ways if they get some good fishing in... they have a couple of comps that might inspire kiwi anglers over there (even the Bream comps have some great prizes and encourage serious skill/lure based angling) ...

I was at the factory with Stephen & Grant fitting out the Sounders (provided by Orton events) after we had spent a long day at Fieldays, Stephen & Grant went over and above to makes sure the guys got more than just a kayak, seat and paddle (incled where running rigs, sea anchors, insulated covers) ...I will make a video diary of there journey over the weekend to see how they fair on our waters (I did advise they leave the Bream gear at home ;-).. the rest of the AU anglers on the KFDU forum have also given a big thumbs up for the hospitality shown by all so far,, see this thread here - http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/viewtopic. ... 7&start=15

This picture of Stephen (Limitless) & Justin (Orty) with the yaks loaded and ready to go..they will now be getting loaded on to the boys camper van to hit some trout action with Shamus...hope to have a few pics from his trout sessions over the next couple of days
Attachments
Justin & Stephen Tapp , Team KFDU kayaks loaded.JPG
Justin & Stephen Tapp , Team KFDU kayaks loaded.JPG (39.38 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Viking kayaks for the KFDU team - Copy.JPG
Viking kayaks for the KFDU team - Copy.JPG (34.22 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Jason
jason@paddleguy.com
http://www.paddleguy.com
[http://www.youtube.com/user/paddleguyjas]
brands commercially associated with include Viking Kayaks, Railblaza & C-Tug

COWKILLER
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: ultra 4.3 camo

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 pm

nige wrote:This weekend is WRC Rally NZ on the roads south west of Whangarei ,this is actually the biggest international sporting event in New Zealand this year.The roads will be very busy on Saturday so be careful there will be some idiots out there.
cheers Nigel
Makes me not want to go fishn now

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2

Ocean Kayak 4.3 and yes another member of team camo

STRAY DOG
Kayak Make: OCEAN KAYAK,viking
Kayak Model: PROWLER4.3,4.1 ,pro fish 440
VHF Call Sign: stray dog

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:26 pm

pmv26 wrote:
nige wrote:This weekend is WRC Rally NZ on the roads south west of Whangarei ,this is actually the biggest international sporting event in New Zealand this year.The roads will be very busy on Saturday so be careful there will be some idiots out there.
cheers Nigel
Makes me not want to go fishn now

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2

come on lee lol you getting soft now :lol:

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 pm

we are just a few days away :)...

Meet a couple of the oz fullas tonight and sounds like you will be in for some wicked fishing over the next couple of weeks..

Great meeting you and hope you have a ball over here fishing :y:...

Return to “NZ Kayak Fishing Series - Orton Events”

• Information