Kayak Pro Bridge To Cape & NZ Kayak Fishing Series Finals 2011/12

The Orton Events New Zealand Premier Kayak Fishing Series has five rounds of spectacular fishing located around the North Island, showing off the beautiful and rugged New Zealand coast line. Discuss the events and series in this forum
Orty
Kayak Make: oceankayak
Kayak Model: prolwler

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi to all,

As you know the East Cape Mission Comp is only a week and half away so I hope you are all prept and ready to go. Those in the NZ series will be looking at getting more points on the board during this comp and in the Kayak Pro Bridge to Cape which is coming up next in June.

I would like to welcome on board two new sponsors, Top Catch Whangarei & Super Liquor Warkworth. Thanks for your Support :clap: :clap: .

I will keep you posted with further details on the Kayak Pro Bridge to Cape and if you wish to enter you can do that online now at http://www.ortonevents.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Tightlines
Orty

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Milkey
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:15 pm

How many sleeps to go? :lol: Flash poster Justin
https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaMilkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:18 pm

It's Great to be on board something I have have such a passion for. this is going to be an awesome weekend with hopefully some fantastic fish caught and weighed. It's a great time of year for your big moochers, trevs and XOS kings... hopefully anyway :D

Just a note for any of you people that will need supplies... We will be staying open a little later on the Friday and Saturday nights. If your planning on being really late and your going to make it worth my while I can be flicked an email on whangarei@topcatch.co.nz or Pm me for my private cell number and I can make arrangements to be here for you at a set time. We sell all fishing related products. if you have anything special you need feel free to contact me to see what i can sort be it special baits or what not... that's fishing related products no smutty comments required.

When you come in make sure you introduce yourselves. I will try and have a few cold ones in the fridge for a you while your getting your fish weighed.

We have some awesome deals to offer any of the contestants on the weekend that I will shed a little light on closer to the time. I will keep you all up to date through here but if you want some sneak peaks sign up to our face book page for updates and offers you wont be able to refuse. http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Justin It's been a pleasure dealing with you, just need that damn count down to hurry up.

Mike
Manager
Top Catch
Whangarei
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

Fish'N'Snork
Kayak Make: Cobra
Kayak Model: Marauder
VHF Call Sign: The Yak ZMW2544

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Sweet will try ta get week off (without a Friday Night shift this time DOH). Have room for two Yak Fishers for those looking for a place ta stay for the Comp. Just PM. Can make floor space for a few more if needed. Just PM me. Please don't ask me the best place ta fish is cause I suck (ask Mental about my 1kg snapper last year LOL), but happy ta help where I can.
Doug
Less Negativity And More Positive Encouragement Makes For A Better Life For All.

New Zealand......
The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke.

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid").

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure).

KayakPro

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:26 pm

KayakPro is once again very happy to be involved in the "Bridge To Cape" and as the major sponsor, will be supplying a Stealth Kayak http://www.stealthkayaksnz.comas the major spot prize.

It is also great to have Top Catch on board and Mike has already given me an insight on what he is planning and I am very impressed, so watch for the promo ;)

All indications are that it is going to be a big gathering and you wont want to miss out, so get your entries in and count down the days, aye Mike ;) Even if you are not going to fish, it would be well worth your while being at the Onerahi Hotel on the Sunday night for prize giving, it's going to be a big'n ;) Ship had better start brewing :P

Remember this is the last round of the Nationals and at the end of it, the best kayak fisherman in NZ (over three rounds of competition) will have been found.

Cheers

Shamus

wet ass
Kayak Make: O K
Kayak Model: prowler ultra 4.7
VHF Call Sign: wet ass

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:52 pm

ill be there again this year its a awesome comp :y:
Always think like a fish no matter how weird it gets!!!

big blue
Kayak Make: stealth
Kayak Model: bfs

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:05 pm

same spot again wet ass ;) 8) :beer:

now a proud STEALTH bfs owner........

wet ass
Kayak Make: O K
Kayak Model: prowler ultra 4.7
VHF Call Sign: wet ass

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:28 pm

big blue wrote:same spot again wet ass ;) 8) :beer:
you know it ;)
Always think like a fish no matter how weird it gets!!!

Milkey

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:35 am

big blue wrote:same spot again wet ass ;) 8) :beer:
I know where you are talking about Blue, and have it on good authority that there isn't any fish there :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaMilkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

big blue
Kayak Make: stealth
Kayak Model: bfs

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:55 am

yeah, they've hit kai iwi lakes hard lately Milkey :D ;) ...god luck for east cape big fella, im jealous azz

now a proud STEALTH bfs owner........

Milkey

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Isn't Kai Iwi where you get your snapper bait from? :D
Cheers Blue. Make sure you have a motive for the sunday night after the Bridge to Cape, maybe even the monday :lol:

KayakPro

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Milkey wrote:Isn't Kai Iwi where you get your snapper bait from? :lol:
That is just bad rumour bandied about by salt water fisherman that trout are only good as bait and thats not true at all ;)

MadMike

Sun May 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Hey guys.

Another up date for you.
As your aware Top Catch Whangarei has come on board as a proud sponsor to help out and support you wonderful people. Other than a few spot prizes and a bit of tackle we have also just finalized with a 2 man kitted out Ocean Kayak for the kayak fishing series valued at $2100. We will also throw out a list of special deals for you guys closer to the date on bait, SB, gear and tackle.... any Favors though you will need to hit up either Shamus or Justin :lol:

Its looking like its going to be a great weekend and look forward to putting some names to faces. Watch this space.

Get your entries in.

Mike
Top Catch
Whangarei
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Mon May 07, 2012 10:55 pm

madmike wrote:Hey guys.

Another up date for you.
As your aware Top Catch Whangarei has come on board as a proud sponsor to help out and support you wonderful people. Other than a few spot prizes and a bit of tackle we have also just finalized with a 2 man kitted out Ocean Kayak for the kayak fishing series valued at $2100. We will also throw out a list of special deals for you guys closer to the date on bait, SB, gear and tackle.... any Favors though you will need to hit up either Shamus or Justin :lol:

Its looking like its going to be a great weekend and look forward to putting some names to faces. Watch this space.
Get your entries in.

Mike
Top Catch
Whangarei
Awesome Madmike 8) Its the sponsers like yourself that keep these great comps going ! :y:

Tara Yakka

Tue May 08, 2012 7:45 pm

any word on the main spot prize for the B2C event?
Mission Catch 390
Viking ProFish440
Viking Reload

MadMike

Tue May 08, 2012 7:50 pm

It's pretty is all I know :D

Fish'N'Snork
Kayak Make: Cobra
Kayak Model: Marauder
VHF Call Sign: The Yak ZMW2544

Tue May 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Tara Yakka wrote:any word on the main spot prize for the B2C event?
See: http://kayakpro.co.nz/kayaks/fishing-ka ... -2010.html & http://www.stealthkayaksnz.com/resource ... palite.jpg :inlove: Or better yet ask Shamus ;)
Less Negativity And More Positive Encouragement Makes For A Better Life For All.

New Zealand......
The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke.

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid").

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure).

KayakPro

Sat May 19, 2012 2:08 am

With approx 5 weeks until the paddles dig deep and the lines (hopefully) tighten it is time for a reminder to get the entries rolling in.

Indications are that the Bridge to Cape will be one of the Big Four to be at this year and with the fishing being so good at the moment up here you wont want to miss out.

Remember it is the final round of the Nationals and that there is also half a dozen of our friends from across the Tasman coming over to compete against/with us.

The major spot prize is a Stealth Kayak and Top Catch Whangarei is also giving an Ocean Kayak away as a part of the Nationals prize pool. Also the $2000 cash for heaviest snap should be a good incentive as well.

The area you can fish is massive, so there should be no reasons for not catching a good feed and the weather has to be pretty messed up for you not to be able to get out on the water up here.

Hopefully all of the locals will be out there trying to keep the prize pool in the North and stop you poachers from down South coming here and claiming all of the goodies as well as the trophy fish (there are a lot being caught currently, another 25lbr in the harbour last week)
There are also some rather large Kings marauding the Coastline as well.

So get your entries in sooner rather than later, as the venue, caterers, etc need to be advised of numbers, makes it much easier for all concerned.

Cheers

Shamus

MadMike

Sat May 19, 2012 9:26 am

Really looking forward to this event. It would be good to get the support of the local club and paddlers.

Return to “NZ Kayak Fishing Series - Orton Events”

• Information