New Zealand Kayak Fishing Series Results - 2011/2012

The Orton Events New Zealand Premier Kayak Fishing Series has five rounds of spectacular fishing located around the North Island, showing off the beautiful and rugged New Zealand coast line. Discuss the events and series in this forum
GBC
Kayak Make: ok
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra 4.3

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks for getting it cleared up as I thought it strange that you got the same points (as someone who fished it, and put in the hard yards) even if you didnt turn up. That was the bit that was a bit confusing for me.
I understand now :clap: :clap:
Alcohol doesnt solve any problems But ..... neither does Milk

Tara Yakka
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:49 pm

big blue wrote:
Tara Yakka wrote:Heres a question...
I entered the Naki event, weighed 5 spieces, won the runner-up for the John Dory, but I'm not on the points table. Is that because I missed the first event? Or did I miss something in the application? Im heading up to the BOP event and would like to do the Bridge to Cape (to far away to book it with the misses yet).
hi tara yakka, did you enter the nationals??
YakDr wrote:For anyone in the know -

At the Naki comp prizegiving Shamus mentioned about anyone wanting to enter the nationals to contact him. I was of the understanding that entries had been shut since about November. Is this correct or is there another chance to get involved?

Cheers
Does anyone know if you still enter the nationals? I'd be keen as a been. But will still be at the BOP comp for sure, and even the Bridge to Cape if I can get the time off.
Mission Catch 390
Viking ProFish440
Viking Reload

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Wed May 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Here are the current points for the series after the East Cape Mission results have been added.

Individuals

Teams
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

plastic tiki
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13

Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Nice work Rayh, rocketing up there. :y:
The perils of kayak fishing are great...... especially for the fish!

Mental
Site Admin

Fri May 04, 2012 12:13 am

'cause I'm a geek I thought I'd see what the targets for the Kayak Pro Bridge to Cape would be, this is the target each person needs to take first place from Peter Michael - and it assumes he only gets 30 points or less.

And given the max you can get is 50 it looks like I'm screwed :rofl:
Attachments
targets.png
targets.png (6.06 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

Kingfish killer
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Fri May 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Mental wrote:'cause I'm a geek I thought I'd see what the targets for the Kayak Pro Bridge to Cape would be, this is the target each person needs to take first place from Peter Michael - and it assumes he only gets 30 points or less.

And given the max you can get is 50 it looks like I'm screwed :rofl:
Im just happy to participate :hai: ......... no thats bull :swear: i want to win :devil:
No to be honest , this series has been a HUGE learning curve , not just from a fishing skills point of veiw but just being able to fish all these different areas for the first time :!: and sponge as much info from the good buggers that are competing :y:

I look forward to competing in these comps for years to come :y:

Cheers kk :)

nylg1
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.5

Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Kingfish killer wrote:No to be honest , this series has been a HUGE learning curve , not just from a fishing skills point of veiw but just being able to fish all these different areas for the first time :!: and sponge as much info from the good buggers that are competing :y:
I would have to agree a learning curve it has been ......

Mental
Site Admin

Fri May 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Yea don't read my post wrong I too agree it's a great series and Justin is doing a great job.

The comment about me being screwed was tongue in cheek :p I'll still be at Bridge to Cape for sure :rock:
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

Tara Yakka
Kayak Model: Reload

Fri May 04, 2012 7:52 pm

I can not wait till the Coro event, when I will be joining the series. Had a brief chance to tell Justin what a great idea it is, and what a very well thought out group of events the series is. Have done the Naki classic 4 times now and Im stoked there are more events to keep the kayak buzz going throughout the year. Not to mention a fantastic way to meet up with other like minded indiviuals, sink some piss and talk some :x . See you all at the bridge to cape.
Mission Catch 390
Viking ProFish440
Viking Reload

Kingfish killer

Fri May 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Mental wrote:Yea don't read my post wrong I too agree it's a great series and Justin is doing a great job.

The comment about me being screwed was tongue in cheek :p I'll still be at Bridge to Cape for sure :rock:
Nah mate it wasnt taken that way at all , i know it was tongue in cheek :y:
Last edited by Kingfish killer on Fri May 04, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingfish killer

Fri May 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Tara Yakka wrote:I can not wait till the Coro event, when I will be joining the series. Had a brief chance to tell Justin what a great idea it is, and what a very well thought out group of events the series is. Have done the Naki classic 4 times now and Im stoked there are more events to keep the kayak buzz going throughout the year. Not to mention a fantastic way to meet up with other like minded indiviuals, sink some piss and talk some :x . See you all at the bridge to cape.
For sure dude , nice to meet you at the East Cape briefly , sorry i didnt get round to having a proper beer with you .

Armie
Kayak Make: Oceans
VHF Call Sign: ZMS9128

Sun May 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Be hearing around but not heard anything formally that 2 fresh water rounds are being added to this series next year...

Is this correct and if so would be interested in what people are thinking... and what Orton has to say about it

Cheers

Armie

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Sun May 06, 2012 10:05 pm

From What I've heard no there not adding freshwater rounds... but no doubt orty can help with that
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

Armie
Kayak Make: Oceans
VHF Call Sign: ZMS9128

Mon May 07, 2012 8:13 am

Received this overnight.... Wonder where the new round will be ....

Hi Armie its Orty here.
I have looked into doing a fresh water comp, but the logistic for such a event are not viable for me or you guys.
I will be doing one more event.Watch this space.

Orty

YakDr
Kayak Model: Viking Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMU4103

Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am

^^ Interesting...
Would think a Wellington/South Island comp might be next. The rest of the North is pretty well covered

plastic tiki
Kayak Model: Prowler 13

Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 pm

not all of the north is covered ;)
The perils of kayak fishing are great...... especially for the fish!

MadMike
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak, Stealth
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.7, Stealth EVO 495

Thu May 10, 2012 7:53 am

Get all yo asses signed up to it, the bigger it gets, the more likely hood there is that expansion of area will take place
Face book : http://www.facebook.com/TopCatchWhangarei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://www.northlandangler.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stockist of, Ocean Kayaks, Old Town Kayaks, Phoenix Kayaks , Humminbird, Scotty, Rob Fort ACC and much much more!

YakDr
Kayak Model: Viking Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMU4103

Thu May 10, 2012 10:08 am

I still haven't got a reply to several questions regarding still being able to sign up or not. As far as I was aware I missed the boat when entries closed end Nov. No point now unless points are back dated as well. Will definitely be in next "season" though

KayakPro

Thu May 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Orty is currently busy on a contract, so has asked if I can post this.

The new season of the Kayak Fishing Nationals will start after the last round (Bridge to Cape) is run up here in Northland on the 23rd and 24th June 2012. Entries are already closed for the current round. So for all of you who have missed out on the inaugural series, you will be able to start fresh for the new series then.

You will have until the first round in Coromandel (7pm, 5th October) to register for the second series, which will give you just over 3 months to register. There will be no more entries taken after this time and date.

Cheers

Shamus

Mental
Site Admin

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 am

Here are the final points for the 2011/2012 series.

Individuals

Teams
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465

Return to “NZ Kayak Fishing Series - Orton Events”

• Information