Bridge to Cape Kayak & Sup Winter Fishing Challenge

The Orton Events New Zealand Premier Kayak Fishing Series has five rounds of spectacular fishing located around the North Island, showing off the beautiful and rugged New Zealand coast line. Discuss the events and series in this forum
Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:34 pm

The 4 Drunken Monkeys are formed. 3 at one spot and a late and very welcome entry from KK fishing Karikari somewhere. Welcome aboard fellow Monkey :D[/quote]

I am extremley proud to of been approached to join the " 4 Drunken Monkeys " .
I will behave with the dignity that " 4 Drunken Monkeys " deserve ! :lol:

WaikatoYakka
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8783

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Kingfish killer wrote:The 4 Drunken Monkeys are formed. 3 at one spot and a late and very welcome entry from KK fishing Karikari somewhere. Welcome aboard fellow Monkey :D
I will behave with the dignity that " 4 Drunken Monkeys " deserve ! :lol:[/quote]

Does that mean I should bring some home brew rum?
Cobra Fish N Dive
Cobra Marauder
Ocean Kayak 4.3
Viking 400
TETRA12
Ocean Kayak4.3

RELOAD
........Such a whore

ZMT8783
Still turtle free since September '09 March 2011 :doh:

Addict since Sept '09

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 pm

WaikatoYakka wrote:
Kingfish killer wrote:The 4 Drunken Monkeys are formed. 3 at one spot and a late and very welcome entry from KK fishing Karikari somewhere. Welcome aboard fellow Monkey :D
I will behave with the dignity that " 4 Drunken Monkeys " deserve ! :lol:
Does that mean I should bring some home brew rum?[/quote]

I preferr whiskey bryce , its been over 20years since i drank rum , one of the worst nights ive ever had on the drink ... and the morning , lets just say stomach contents dont smell to great when they are not in your stomach !

So yeah mate , i guess its about time i gave it another crack eh :worried: :puke: :y:

Rusty
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Profisha 575
VHF Call Sign: ZMW2773

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:41 pm

you know what they say bryce ,pay peanuts get monkeys Good luck with your team :D
Everyone is a genius.

But if you judge a fish
on its ability to climb a tree.
it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.

WaikatoYakka
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8783

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Rusty wrote:,pay peanuts get monkeys :D
:y: :lol:
Cobra Fish N Dive
Cobra Marauder
Ocean Kayak 4.3
Viking 400
TETRA12
Ocean Kayak4.3

RELOAD
........Such a whore

ZMT8783
Still turtle free since September '09 March 2011 :doh:

Addict since Sept '09

Northland Kayaks
VHF Call Sign: John's Dory V

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 am

Hey there fellow fishhos.
Just a reminder that the organiser has asked for our support for the bridge to cape challenge, so we are offering all competitors a 10% discount off all fishing tackle on Friday Saturday and Sunday.
Just let us know that you're fishing in the bridge to cape competition, and you'll get your discount.
Stephen Tapp will be in store on Friday, and at the Shooting Hunting & Fishing Show at Forum North (just up the road), on Saturday.
Call in and shoot the breeze, and maybe Stephen can give you a heads up where you might find that 2$K snapper. Stephen has fished the north extensively, and knows where to go when the weather ain't playin' fair. Stephen & the team at Sportsmans Choice can also advise on your gear and rig requirements.
You will find us on the corner of Vine and Walton Street, in the CBD.
Heads up - we hope to have the Kayak Fishing World Cup on display in store sometime next month. :P Only have a picture at the moment. ;(
Northland Kayaks

Orty
Kayak Make: oceankayak
Kayak Model: prolwler

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:26 pm

To the team at Kayakzone,

I find your most recent posting very disappointing. Yes you were asked for support leading into this competition, the idea was for all parties, that had a vested interest in this competition happening, to be included. Kayakzone have chosen not to support this event or be included in any way after being approached on at least 2 seperate occassions. You are still not supporting this competition in any way, other than trying to make commercial gains, which will benefit only yourselves.

This comes at a cost to the organisers and to the sponsors alike, who have donated both cash and prizes. This competition is being run as a non-profit event and all proceeds are going into the costs of running a successful and fun filled weekend.

If you would really like to support the "Seahorse Bridge to Cape Kayak and SUP Fishing Challenge", you could match what the majority of the other sponsors have provided, that being a cash donation of either $500 or goods to the same value. This can be arranged by phoning me on 021 930 299, I look forward to hearing from you.

To the more than 60 of you who have already registered and are coming up to fish the competition, we urge you to please support our sponsors, because without them this competition would not be happening.

List of sponsors; Warren Hay Marine, Bite, Surf To Summit, Mustang Services, Seahorse, RTM, DTM, Kayakpro, Northland kayak & SUP Club, Onerahi Tavern, Onerahi Hammer Hardware, Whangarei line & light Rod Club, Blue Heron Holiday Park, and Ortons Events.

Owner/Organiser
Justin (orty) Orton

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Orty wrote:To the team at Kayakzone,

I find your most recent posting very disappointing. Yes you were asked for support leading into this competition, the idea was for all parties, that had a vested interest in this competition happening, to be included. Kayakzone have chosen not to support this event or be included in any way after being approached on at least 2 seperate occassions. You are still not supporting this competition in any way, other than trying to make commercial gains, which will benefit only yourselves.

This comes at a cost to the organisers and to the sponsors alike, who have donated both cash and prizes. This competition is being run as a non-profit event and all proceeds are going into the costs of running a successful and fun filled weekend.

If you would really like to support the "Seahorse Bridge to Cape Kayak and SUP Fishing Challenge", you could match what the majority of the other sponsors have provided, that being a cash donation of either $500 or goods to the same value. This can be arranged by phoning me on 021 930 299, I look forward to hearing from you.

To the more than 60 of you who have already registered and are coming up to fish the competition, we urge you to please support our sponsors, because without them this competition would not be happening.

List of sponsors; Warren Hay Marine, Bite, Surf To Summit, Mustang Services, Seahorse, RTM, DTM, Kayakpro, Northland kayak & SUP Club, Onerahi Tavern, Onerahi Hammer Hardware, Whangarei line & light Rod Club, Blue Heron Holiday Park, and Ortons Events.

Owner/Organiser
Justin (orty) Orton
Sorry KayakZone, but seems a little cheeky to me. Your posts make out you're one of the sponsors (without actually saying so). Seems fair to be pulled up on it too.
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

GBC
Kayak Make: ok
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra 4.3

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Good luck and Tight Lines to all from here who have entered in this comp. :y: :y:
Alcohol doesnt solve any problems But ..... neither does Milk

Northland Kayaks
VHF Call Sign: John's Dory V

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Sorry Sk8e8 if that was the impression you got. It was never our intention to mis-represent ourselves as a sponsor.
We have strong reasons for not being involved in sponsoring this event. These were explained to the organiser, and he was appreciative, and had no objections at all, when we suggested that we would offer discounted fishing products to participants.
We simply wish to support KAYAK FISHERMAN, as we are enthusiastic Kayak fishos ourselves.
We are offering a service to those travelling north, which is NOT commercially motivated.
Because we sponsor competitions and events ourselves, we respect the call to support your sponsors.
We wish all participants well and tight lines for the weekend.
Northland Kayaks

rayh
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Not long now. Im all packed up and ready to go.
Just hoping the weather holds out long enough to bring in the BIG one 8)
GO THE DRUNKEN MONKEYS :clap: :clap:

KayakPro

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:35 pm

BITE gives even more.........bite.

With the great support the competition is already getting, Kirsty Hill -Director and Sales Manager for Bite is also donating an extra prize.

The heaviest fish caught this weekend using any of the Bite range http://www.bitefishing.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; will win a $100 prize pack of Bite fishing goodies.

You may have read and seen the photos in a recent article in the Fishing News by Stephen Tapp about Blades etc. I was witness to the slaying that took place that morning, in fact, I took the photos.

Check out the retailers near you on http://www.bitefishing.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; may be worth having a couple of bite rigs in your kit ;)

Thanks Kirsty. :rock:

Cheers

Shamus

Fish'N'Snork
Kayak Make: Cobra
Kayak Model: Marauder
VHF Call Sign: The Yak ZMW2544

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Well that's me entered. Weather Looking good. To bad I'm on Night Shift Friday, but hoping it's a good shift (Big Ask for the Hospital right now). Will set myself for a Morning fish post Night Shift if not to ragged on Sat (but will head ta bed if the weather is foul and I'm buggered).
Thanks ta Shamus for all the help and advise he has given me. Help me sort out a Rod and Reel combo for Soft-baiting/jigging from The Fishing Shop next-door to him, with-out any gain to himself. Top Bloke :y: :beer: Thanks Mate.
Hope the new fishing gear helps (So Much for me ta Learn).
See ya Dudes And Dudettes at the Weigh It on Sunday. Even if I don't get a fish I could still win something ;) , beside it would be good ta put some faces to Ya Yakkers too.
Less Negativity And More Positive Encouragement Makes For A Better Life For All.

New Zealand......
The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke.

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid").

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure).

big blue
Kayak Make: stealth
Kayak Model: bfs

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Well its almost time, friday morning will come slow, all gear packed, kayak ready(thanks shamus!!!!) rods and reels greased polished and ready, beer packed and some bite tackle now stashed away, good luck guys, will meet you on sunday for a beer and b shite............big blue out!!!

now a proud STEALTH bfs owner........

technical
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMT6484

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Bugger!
My partner Jennie had an emergency operation yesterday.
She'll be ok but I'm going to stay home and look after her this weekend so I'll miss the comp. ;(
Good luck to all those entered. Let's hope it's the first of many successful events.

See ya next year,
tech.
Warning: Contents may contain traces of nuts.

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Good on you for lookin' after her Tech :y:

There'll be more fishing soon :rock:

Get well soon Jennie :y:
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Bad luck on both counts, Tech.

Hope she's back on the yak soon.
.................... "Flying Mango".......... [Up for sale, $1400]

Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

Hainesy
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Hey Tech, not good news...hope all is well...pass on our regards

cheers
Haines 8)
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Fish'N'Snork
Kayak Make: Cobra
Kayak Model: Marauder
VHF Call Sign: The Yak ZMW2544

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 pm

technical wrote:Bugger!
She'll be ok but I'm going to stay home and look after her this weekend so I'll miss the comp. ;(
Good luck to all those entered. Let's hope it's the first of many successful events.

See ya next year,
tech.
Good On Ya Mate for being there for her.
Will save some fish up here for ya for next year's Comp
Less Negativity And More Positive Encouragement Makes For A Better Life For All.

New Zealand......
The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke.

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid").

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure).

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 pm

technical wrote:Bugger!

See ya next year,
tech.
thats no good tech..hope she gets well soon and a thumbs up for looking after her :y:...
well the excitement levels are starting to rise as we get closer to the date..swell map is lookin good apart from the wind and it looks like it's gonna be on like donkey kong...good luck fellas and see you at the weigh in :y:....

Return to “NZ Kayak Fishing Series - Orton Events”

• Information