trolling around dunedin

Otago region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
novex
Kayak Make: Wavedance
Kayak Model: Kingfisher

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:33 pm

so last few times i have been out the cod catch has been variable, but i started pulling a bibbed lure behind the yak on transit.

grabbed one of those berkley ones from the warehouse, they seem bloody massive but was the smallest they had, think its 12cm long or so.

every time i have pulled it i have gotten at least 1 barracouda couple of weekends ago at the mole i got 2, the weekend before that with steve i got 1 on the way back, and i pulled in a massive one off taieri mouth the other day too.

now i was hoping for some salmon obviously, but coudas are ok for sport at least. anyone else been successfull with them in dunedin area? what size and style? i am thinking of getting some smaller ones but not sure if its just the size or the time of year that means i get nothing but couda.
Daniel
Karitane based and happy to travel a bit for some good fishing.
- 0220664711 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/dunedinkayakfishing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

poodle
Kayak Model: scrambler xt

Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:11 am

I just troll my SB on the way to my spots. Picked up s few couda. Hard body lures just seem so expensive. At least they have a decent life expectancy.
You can't catch a fish from the couch

Wondaboy

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:24 pm

I used to troll in the winter in the stretch between pulling point and portobello. Usually picked up a few nice salmon around 7-8 lb..... that was a few years back now tho.. :) A Rapala type hard body around 60-80mm would be my choice.

• Information