Weather

Tasman/Marlborough region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
mullett
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: tetra 12

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:20 pm

It looks good for a fish this weekend
Kingie 89 cm at Kina, Snapper 84 cm at Cable, Blue Cod 45cm at cable,
Gurnard 50cm at Keiteriteri , Khawai 64cm at Kina.

Tetra 12 ( 01/2015- 11/2016)
Trident 4,3 new (11/2016 -

petecanaan
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:10 pm

popped over to pohara after work fri. stayed up too late watching jackie chan's robin.b.hood, an epic not to be missed! :clap:
tata beach boat ramp was closed, a large chunk of concrete washed away by the frequent large swells which hammer the area (possibly). Paddling out was peaceful until the reefs were passed. With dolphins not far out, we dropped anchor out on the mud. Bait schools at all levels and constant bird activity has us smiling and then a hot bite put a a few gurnard in the bin. watching a seal destroy a big octi was hilarious and didnt affect the fishing. paddled onward towards a beach for a stretch n kai. a short drogue run later n the rain came down. but with no/little wind we fished our way home.
im pretty sure paddling on the long stretch across the bay i caught the otha fulla sleep paddling/trolling. Leaning forward,head down,eyes closed.... :rock: sleep fishin, awesome commitment!
a tent on the beach had a small party going, music n bbq drifting across the water. multisporters probably. strange types them. not us though, two hours of rain n twas coffee time n home.
003.jpg
003.jpg (67.61 KiB) Viewed 446 times
sometimes i doubt how visible we are out there, but on grey rainy mornings, railblaza lights n flags pretty good. :)
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (68.83 KiB) Viewed 446 times

JohnnyR
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 13

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:49 am

Yes, Tata Beach got a hiding in a big storm in early August. Big logs washed up and closed the ramp for a couple of weeks and a good couple of metres was taken off the shoreline. I see they've tipped a few truck-loads of sand to try and stabilise things.

mullett
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: tetra 12

Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:36 pm

I was out off cable some gurnard around between the dogs and the octopus (8 in total) some cuda and a few Khawai as well, sea was flat , water is warming up so thinks mr snaps will be paying a visit soon , freezer is low so need to start stocking up again.

The second and third bouys are gone maybe due to the heavy seas a few weeks go, no doubt they will be back soon.
Kingie 89 cm at Kina, Snapper 84 cm at Cable, Blue Cod 45cm at cable,
Gurnard 50cm at Keiteriteri , Khawai 64cm at Kina.

Tetra 12 ( 01/2015- 11/2016)
Trident 4,3 new (11/2016 -

petecanaan
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:13 pm

Felt restless so trolled stevens to mot mouth this arvo, returned via the riwaka n tapu shallows. Think I know where I be hiding some moonless summer night. Mixed it up with a 7gm silver toby, bibbed rapalas, n softies. Piper in close n cudas in sub meter. Gannets smashing down regularly. drizzle calm n small swell :)

• Information