2+1 fun

Tasman/Marlborough region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 am

After 3 mths off the water I was super keen to get back out n regain some sanity. The 'otha fulla' picked me up n we took out his 2+1.... First stop at kina. It was choppy onshore n forcast to get worse. Bailed off to the easy launch of kaiteri. Hit the water about 3pm with a bunch of micro jigs n 2kg of blue macks. Exiting the bay we met a choppy swell n cruised down to an island. Pick down just short of a productive piece of reef n baits down. Next two hours were stellar with snaps between 40 n 50 regularly smashing baits. With a couple in the bin I switched to a little boss micro. I had heard rumours these things are the business and first drop connected into another keeper. I changed to a pink jigging shrimp which quickly got inhaled too. With white caps quickly approaching it was time to leave. The 2+1 was mint. Less than ideal conditions and pretty comfy. Light and enough storage. Felt super stable, and great value for the price.
Fantastic to be back on the water

Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: 400

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 am

Very nice too. An example to me to get out and do it

Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMT-7387

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Me too. I just carried an armchair three blocks so I reckon I could handle the kayak again.
"No good story begins with a salad"
Viking Profish 400Stolen!! Yellow/Black
'Zespri' Viking Espri
Viking 2+1 Stolen!! Orange/yellow with scratch along one side

Kayak Model: Reload

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 pm

I bet it was nice to be back out there and to get in to some fish too. Some nice fish there.

• Information