New Recruit

The Taranaki Kayak Fishing Club forum for club and member discussions
Tuggan
Kayak Make: Ocean kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: Tugg

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:31 pm

hey everybody i am not new to the kayak fishing craze but accountant/wife has now let me purchase my very own prowler 4.3. oh baby
so questions i need answering are
places to fish (i am farming in Opunake)
clubs to join ( i already entered in the classic)
so any help would be bloody great as i now have to please the wife/accountant to prove that its not a waste of time!! :worried:
so don't be surprise to see an bright red amateur around the oceans this summer :rock:

HookiT
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: PRO 400 LITE
VHF Call Sign: ZMQ4712

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi Tuggan/welcome. I think you will find kayak fishing will not b a waste of time. Heaps of great advice will come from those in your neck of the woods. Enjoy !!

Tuggan

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Oh no I would never think its a waste its only the ball and chain that wants results haha.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

crabman
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 440
VHF Call Sign: ???

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Welcome Tuggan. The local club is http://www.oskfc.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Taranaki Kayak Fishing Club. We are a very easy going bunch and have club days where we encourage fishing together as a group and also fish anywhere days with a weigh in point and time allocated.
You are more than welcome to come along next time I head out......I will normally post on here a few days in advance where possible or just the night before.
You will find all of the guys in the club are a great bunch and really helpful if you have any questions or tips you may want.
Cheers Crabman.

kpofisha
Kayak Make: Handcrafted
Kayak Model: JEM Wadefish 15-32

Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:26 am

Hi Tuggan, welcome to the addiction :P
There are plenty of places to fish around the area; I started fishing at Middletons Bay before I found the nerve to attempt the surf; was a good launching spot but the weather needs to be right. Pretty much any beach / bay around the Taranaki coast is fishable if you can get to the water and the weather is right.
Just check out some of the previous trip reports & taranaki region posts to see the popular launching spots.
Life is measured in achievement, not in years alone - Bruce McLaren

JEM Wadefish 15-32
Cobra Fish 'n Dive

Tuggan

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:04 am

Thank guys will do. Itching at the bit to get on the water. Come on weather man!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Profish
Kayak Model: 400

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:36 am

Welcome mate, and congrats on the new kayak. I can't wait to fish down your way :y:
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Yamaha FXHO
Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

Return to “Taranaki Kayak Fishing Club”

• Information