Waikato Kayak Fishing Club - club meeting 11th August

The Waikato Kayak Fishing Club forum for club and member discussions
Smitty
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish

Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi Guys,

Next club meeting
Thursday 11th August - 6.30pm Te Rapa Tavern – mezzanine floor.

Next Club Event???
I am keen to have a club fishing weekend to kick off the spring/summer. Its always a busy calendar this time of year but if you can come along to the August meeting with some thoughts. Here are what I know is in the calendar already:

25 Sept – daylight saving starts;
Early Oct – date TBC, mothership trip with Rob Fort to Great Barrier;
22 Oct - Labour Weekend
4 Nov – Rob Fort Comp
11-13 Nov – Northland Classic

Let us know what you think or come to the August meeting to discuss. I was thinking maybe mid October and perhaps trying the Kuaotunu campground, I have heard good things about it and looking at their website, they have cabins and tent sites, a fish filleting area, launching from the campground would be approx. 200 metres to waters edge (maybe longer??), or you could drive over blackjacks and fish Opito Bay etc.

Northland Kayak Comp
I see on the forum that Cow Cocky and Frooty are heading up to this comp, weekend 11-13 Nov and are keen for others to join them. Get in touch if this is you or come along to the August meeting, there is likely to be someone at the meeting that has done this comp before if you would like to discuss or find out more about it.

Club t-shirts
We still have plenty of these in stock, I will have them at the club meeting if you want to buy one. $25.

Cheers
Smitty

• Information