Manu Bay - this Friday night

The Waikato Kayak Fishing Club forum for club and member discussions
Smitty
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Fellas, weather looking good for an evening fishing this Friday if anyone is keen. If I don't get stuck at work I should be on the water by about 6pm. Second chance to use by nav light in over a year!

love 2 fish
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: 400, reload

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:42 pm

Sounds good im in.
apart of the WAIKATO KAYAK FISHING CLUB

Smitty
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Still looking good tomorrow guys. Latest from swellmap showing 4pm tomorrow 5-6 knots and sea/swell 0.6-0.7m. This is about as good as it gets at Manu Bay. Hight tide at 7.30 pm isn't ideal but its going to be mint to be out on the water after work in these conditions.

Potential attendees are Flounder, Love2Fish and Phil, a mate from work. I will text you guys when I am leaving home but I expect to be at the boat ramp around 5.45pm, on the water by say 6pm.

If you don't get there until after I have launched I won't be venturing too far from the ramp so you should be able to spot us. As we start to lose light I will be positioning straight out from the ramp towards the swimming beach, maybe say 600-700 meters away. Gurnard should hopefully be the main species so small bates on a flasher rig will be my go to option, also a few JD's in the bay if you know how to target them.

Hope to see you guys there :y:

love 2 fish
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: 400, reload

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Im going to take my flounder light and spear, if not to late ill have a browse at the wharf afterwards
apart of the WAIKATO KAYAK FISHING CLUB

Return to “Waikato Kayak Fishing Club”

• Information