New Outback

A special section for the Hobie paddlers and peddlers of New Zealand
dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 500
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:47 am

Do the supplied scupper hole wheels cause fatigue in the hull over time or are they ok?
How difficult are the Tagit type cooler bags in the rear well to access for fish storage?
We are wanting a second Kayak for my wife to use, and a peddle drive for me while my arm recovers after the surgery.

Glass is Class.. dedant

xiso728

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:02 am

I would stay away from the scupper hole wheels as when the yak is fully loaded, it puts lots of stress on the wall of those scupper holes, not to mention from time to time you will launch through some rough terrain which will make it even worse. most importantly, no one would like to find out their yak is leaking when on the water......

My hobie scupper hole wheel has been collecting dust in the garage since couple of outings...

xiso728

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:06 am

with the tagit bag, they r ok to use on Hobie but make sure you use a fish stringer which can be attached to the inside

dedant

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Cool. Thanks for the feedback.
I visited The Watershed and looked over the stock models there. The scupper holes are reinforced specially for their own carts, however they are an additional purchase so I will more than likely stick to my new Wheel eez cart anyway.
The new camo coloured Outback has Turbo fins, the other colour options have st fins, what’s up with that?
No biggy as the Turbo fins might be a strain for my wife anyway and the upgrade is only a Hundy or so and easy to swap back and forth when I want a bit more boogie.
Still haven’t put down the pre order deposit , when we do I’ll know it’s getting real .

Glass is Class.. dedant

Smudger.aws
Kayak Make: Hobie
Kayak Model: Revolution 16

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:28 pm

If you ever want a trial, we have a pair of Revolution 16's, just about to move from Waitakere to Wellsford, so busy the next couple of weekends, but maybe able to meet up at Snells/Sullivans sometime.
Cheers
Tony

AndrewRawlingson

Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Predator PDL?

dedant

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Cheers Tony, we have only just sold our house and are moving soon so the next month is going to be a bit hectic.

Glass is Class.. dedant

• Information